TORONTO – (October 20, 2016) – Skylink, a leading provider of connected home safety solutions, today announced the ATOMs Garage Door Opener, the first garage door opener compatible with the IFTTT platform. With the latest update, homeowners can seamlessly connect the ATOMs Garage Door Opener through the SkylinkNet Internet Hub to other connected devices on the market including Amazon Echo, Nest® Cam™, WeMo®, and Philips Hue. Additionally, homeowners can run recipes for functions unrelated to other smart devices, bringing advance functionality to the ATOMs Garage Door Opener.
SkylinkNet’s ATOMs Garage Door Opener & IFTTT Recipes:
- Open or close the ATOMs Garage Door Opener with geofencing
- Control your ATOMs Garage Door Opener with Android Wear Smartwatch
- When Nest® Connected carbon monoxide detector is activated, open the ATOMs Garage Door to improve ventilation
- Voice control your ATOMs Garage Door Opener with Amazon Echo
- When the garage door is open, turn Philips Hue to yellow
SkylinkNet’s ATOMs Garage Door Opener Features:
- Features a built-in LED light for long lasting illumination without the need to replace the light bulb
- Equipped with a back-up battery in case of a power outage
- Includes a passcode protected, 3-button remote, enhancing security and peace of mind
- LCD Wall Console eliminates the need for cumbersome wiring or standing on a ladder for an extended time
- Numeric display guides users through programming steps, ensuring easy installation
- Wireless design of the garage door opener and safety infrared sensors simplifies installation process
- Offers quiet operation, ideal for homes with living space above the garage
- Available in durable chain drive or steel-reinforced belt drive
- SkylinkNet app is available for iOS and Android devices
“The ATOMs Garage Door Opener is the only garage door opener that can interact with other industry leading connected home products on the market using IFTTT,” says Gallen Tsui, president, Skylink. “Using our Internet Hub to interact with the IFTTT network, users not only have a means of opening and closing their garage, but are exposed to an alarm and automation gateway in the connected home that adds convenience and functionality to everyday life.”
IFTTT is changing the way people interact with technology by helping them get the most out of their favorite products and services through recipes. Recipes are simple connections between products and apps. There are two types of Recipes: DO Recipes and IF Recipes. DO Recipes run with just a tap and enable you to create your own personalized Button, Camera, and Notepad. IF Recipes run automatically in the background. Create powerful connections with one simple statement — if this then that.
Pricing & Availability
Since 1990, Skylink has been providing homeowners with innovative DIY home control solutions that create a safe and comfortable environment for families. Whether a homeowner is looking for an innovative security system or garage door opener, Skylink’s home solution kits cater to the needs of all families. Their commitment and passion for innovation has led them to integrate wireless technology into their line of DIY products. Skylink’s products are available for purchase at several retail locations, including Amazon, Sears, Home Depot, and Skylink.com, and are available in the United States, Canada, and Hong Kong. For more information, visit: www.skylinkhome.com.