SEATTLE, Wash. – Oct. 10, 2017 — As classes are in full swing, Amazon is introducing a new monthly payment option for Prime Student. Available to all college students enrolled in four or two year colleges in the U.S., Prime Student is just $5.49 a month, which is 50% off Prime, after a six month trial. This flexible payment option offers all the benefits of Prime to students without an annual commitment. To sign up, students can visit www.amazon.com/joinstudent.
“Our new monthly payment option lets students enjoy the best of Amazon in a more flexible and simple way,” said Ellen Kinney, Director of Prime Student, Amazon. “Whether it’s getting their favorite products with free shipping or streaming thousands of popular movies and shows, Prime student members can experience all the benefits of Prime.”
Prime is designed to make your life better every single day. Nowhere else can customers go to get thousands of movies and TV series to instantly watch, stream music, receive discounts on a vast selection of products, and get fast, free shipping all in one place, and now students can enjoy Prime for only $5.49 a month. The benefits of Prime include:
- Fast, Free Shipping: Unlimited Free Two-Day shipping on over 50 million items ranging from college essentials such as textbooks and electronics to face paint for the big game and even your favorite Halloween costumes
- Even Faster, Free Shipping: Prime Free One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 5,000 cities, Free Same-Day and Free One-Day pickup on millions of items at campus locations, as well as Prime Now in over 30 major cities
- Prime Video: Unlimited streaming on thousands of movies and TV shows including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Grand Tour and Manchester By the Sea with Prime Video
- Twitch Prime: Discounts on most pre-release boxed games, free in-game loot, like exclusive characters, boosts, skins, and more, plus full games from indie developers. Members also receive a Twitch channel subscription every 30 days, as well as ad-free viewing, an expanded set of chat emotes and colors, and an exclusive chat badge
- Prime Music: Prime members receive ad-free access to more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations at no additional cost to their membership
- Prime Photos: Free unlimited photo storage within the Prime Photos App. Prime Student members can securely store their existing photo collections, automatically upload new photos taken and access them anytime, anywhere, at no cost.
- Prime Reading: Unlimited access to a rotating selection of more than a thousand books, Audible narrations, magazines, comics, Kindle Singles, and more. With fiction, non-fiction, short works, and magazines right off of the newsstand, you’ll always find something interesting to read
- Deals and Exclusives: Early access to select Lightning Deals and other exclusive deals and offers available only to Prime Student members
To join, college students from four and two year colleges simply need to provide a valid .edu email address. Following a six-month trial, Prime Student is 50% off Prime – which is just $5.49 a month with no annual commitment. If college students want to save even more, they can choose to pay $49 a year for an annual Prime Student membership.
About Amazon Prime Student
Millions of members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime Student. Amazon Prime Student gives college students unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 50 million items. Students can sign up for a six-month trial of Amazon Prime Student to access these benefits, plus unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and free unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos. After that it’s just $49 a year or $5.49 a month — half the price of a regular Amazon Prime membership — and includes over a million songs with Prime Music and one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First. To learn more, visit amazon.com/joinstudent.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.