SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nov. 16, 2017– (NASDAQ: AMZN)– Amazon today announced a deal with NBCUniversal to make Prime Video the exclusive subscription streaming service for new animated film Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is You from Universal 1440 Entertainment. The film is inspired by Mariah’s classic holiday hit of the same name, which was the most streamed holiday song on Amazon Music last year. The movie is narrated and executive produced by Mariah Carey and features a new original song by Mariah Carey and three of her classic holiday hits.
“I am thrilled to have Amazon Prime Video as the exclusive streaming home of Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is You. Amazon already brings my music to fans around the world, and now I am excited to share my holiday film with Amazon customers,” said Mariah Carey.
When Little Mariah (Breanna Yde) sees a darling little puppy named “Princess” at the pet store, she suddenly knows exactly what she wants for Christmas. Before her Christmas wish can come true, she must prove that she can dog-sit her uncle’s dog, Jack, a scraggly rascal; in fact, the worst dog in the county! Jack turns Mariah and her family’s perfect holiday preparations upside down in hilarious ways. It wasn’t exactly the Christmas she wished for…it was more than she ever wanted. Based on the iconic Christmas song and popular illustrated book of the same name, Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas Is Youfeaturing Mariah’s music and narration will be a family favorite for years to come.
The film is available exclusively for Prime members in the U.S. and Canada to stream, and Amazon customers may start their holiday shopping with the digital movie available for $14.99. Customers looking for a holiday rental have the option to rent for $4.99 (SD) or $5.99 (HD). The DVD and Blu-ray are also available for purchase.
Originally released in 1994, the single “All I Want for Christmas Is You” has sold more than 14 million copies across all retail markets. In 2016, more than two decades later, it dominated at #1 on Billboard’s Holiday 100 for four consecutive weeks. Carey’s critically acclaimed picture book of the same name was published in 2015.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from AmazonStudios like Transparent, The Tick, Manchester by the Sea and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Live Sports: Sporting events, including NFL Thursday Night Football and ATP Next Gen ATP Finals, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike – the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.