FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – Nov. 15, 2017 – ‘Tis the season for holiday gatherings and celebrations. According to the Bureau of Transportation1, the number one reason Americans travel during the holidays is to visit family and friends, and the busiest long-distance travel periods of the year happen between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Whether traveling to visit loved ones, or hosting this year’s gatherings, make sure your home is fully equipped to handle the traveling or endless streaming of content the holiday seasons are sure to bring. To spread holiday cheer, D-Link offers the gift of faster internet and traveling peace of mind with products and tips to supercharge your home this holiday season and throughout the new year.
“Most homes today do not have wireless networks fast enough to support usage for all guests who want to utilize the Wi-Fi,” said Oscar Reyes, vice president of marketing, D-Link. “Considering a majority of holiday gifts now rely on wireless connectivity, this is the best time to enhance home networks and prepare for upcoming holiday gatherings.”
Holiday visitors bring a collection of gadgets that require the internet – likely resulting in extremely slow Wi-Fi for everyone. Make sure your home network can support all the activities this year’s holiday gatherings have in store, including streaming holiday movies and music, and ensuring fast gaming speeds for the kids, all at the same time.
- Support for Multiple Devices: Outdated home networking gear does not always deliver the strongest Wi-Fi performance to support multiple device usage. Upgrade your home network to provide maximum performance for streaming HD media and gaming on multiple devices. The D-Link AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882) is equipped with advanced MU-MIMO technology that allows multiple devices to receive high-bandwidth Wi-Fi signals at the same time, giving users the fastest speeds for streaming HD media and lag-free gaming.
- Create a Guest Wi-Fi Network: Hosts won’t want to be constantly asked for the home Wi-Fi password. To avoid this, create a Guest Network that allows visitors to connect to a dedicated Wi-Fi network without affecting the devices on your private home network. Here’s how to do it.
When traveling to visit family and friends this holiday season, make sure to include home security on your pre-trip checklist. D-Link offers several home monitoring solutions to keep homes safe during holiday travel, including the Mini HD Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-8000LH). The smallest camera in D-Link’s lineup, the Mini HD Wi-Fi Camera can be placed discreetly, anywhere within the home.
- Monitor from Afar: Get extra peace of mind by using your mobile device to make sure your home is safe while away. The free mydlink mobile apps work with D-Link home surveillance cameras and connect directly to a smartphone or tablet to provide users a live view of their home.
- Keep Record: Keep video footage for future use. The D-Link DCS-8000LH allows for recording of 720p HD quality video, and records to your mobile device so there is no need for cloud-based storage contracts or fees. Receive notifications when motion or sound is detected.
Availability and Pricing
D-Link’s Connected Home solutions are available throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets in the United States. Detailed specifications are available online and retail pricing is as follows:
– AC2600 EXO MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (DIR-882) – $149.99
– Mini HD Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-8000LH) – $59.99 (also available in a 2-pack for $119.99)
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link onFacebook, Twitter and D-Link’s Blog.
# # #
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2016 D-Link. All Rights Reserved
Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.