ALPINE, Utah, Feb. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Kizik Design, a luxury footwear brand aiming to improve everyday life through innovative design, today announced the launch of its patented handsfree technology. Kizik’s initial line is handsfree sneakers for men- the world’s first smart shoe.
Founded by Michael Pratt, founder and former CEO of Ogio International, Kizik developed a mission to change the future of footwear. This inspired the innovation of a handsfree technology that was seamlessly integrated into a luxurious, casual sneaker that pushes fashion forward, making shoelaces a thing of the past.
“Unlike a slip-on, KIZIK® shoes are a step-in, automatic sneaker that give you a custom fit without using your hands,” said Kizik President Pat Hogan. “At Kizik, we believe there is no longer a need for shoelaces in modern day footwear, and when you step into a KIZIK® shoe, you are stepping into the future. Once you put these on your feet, you’ll realize they are truly life changing.”
KIZIK® shoes, including the virtually invisible technology dubbed F.A.S.T.® (Foot Activated Shoe Technology), are protected by US and international patents and patents pending, and offer the most premium fit, comfort and function features without laces, buckles, snaps or straps. There is an internal spring wire that allows for easy step-in entry that then adjusts to a custom fit. The elements of F.A.S.T.®include:
- Automatic Fit: When activated, a proprietary internal wing shape automatically opens to let your foot in, and closes to keep it in.
- Titanium Wire: Aerospace titanium wire creates exceptional rebound strength and flexibility.
- Retractable heel: The heel material is built to repeatedly collapse and quickly regain its shape.
- Tongue Reinforcement: Flexible structure provides rigidity for smooth, handsfree functionality without sacrificing comfort.
- Instep adjustment: Simple adjustment strips on both sides of the tongue create a customized fit for wide or narrow feet.
- Arc Design: A proprietary flex-rebound system combines responsive rebound with low-profile flexibility.
“The technology in today’s world is forward-thinking, so why shouldn’t our shoes be keeping up?” Hogan added. “In addition to the ample benefits of a handsfree shoe, KIZIK® shoes prioritize fashion first, making sure our designs are on-trend and challenging the status quo.”
The shoes currently available in two styles, the Boston and New York, embrace a modern, laceless aesthetic that easily transitions from everyday casual to professional wear. KIZIK® shoes are made with the finest, premium material, including 100% top grain leather and a top of the line, trade secret manufacturing process to create a sleek look that will continue to look and feel great season after season. The brand will extend its style selection in spring of 2018, as well as launching a women’s line in fall of 2018.
KIZIK® shoes retail between $180–$190, and are available for purchase on KIZIK.com as well as in 17 locations nationwide, including select Dillard’s stores and Dillards.com.
About Kizik Design
Based in Alpine, Utah, KIZIK Design is a luxury footwear brand that invents fashionable handsfree footwear with modern design solutions to improve convenience in everyday life through its patented F.A.S.T.® technology. For more information, visit KIZIK.com and follow @wearKIZIK.