SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) APRIL 17, 2018
WaterField Designs, an innovative leader in custom laptop sleeves, bags and cases for digital-minded professionals, announces the renaissance of its iconic Rough Rider leather messenger, a rugged, premium leather laptop bag reminiscent of an Old West satchel, now updated with modern features. The artisan-crafted Rough Rider reboot retains its old-world charm and its unique ergonomic strap system, and now sports a plush, padded laptop compartment and a convenient rolling suitcase pass-through. Raw leather edges combine with clean lines to create a rugged yet sophisticated look, and the thick, premium leather develops a stunning patina over time.
“We have our customers to thank for the return of the Rough Rider; ever since we retired it years ago, we get customer requests for it every week,” explained company owner Gary Waterfield. “We’ve kept the popular rough and tumble, old-world look and added functionality for laptop-toting professionals and for travelers.”
The Rough Rider
- The new interior houses a waxed canvas, plush, padded laptop compartment that readily fits up to a 15-inch MacBook Pro.
- Two slots hold an Apple Pencil, Surface Pen or a few run-of-the-mill ballpoints.
- A rolling suitcase handle pass-through facilitates hands-free carry from airport curbside to gate.
- Six premium, full-grain leather accent choices under the panel add a pop of color.
- Constructed of thick, full-grain leather with raw edges, it exudes an adventurous yet sophisticated look and develops a beautiful patina with use.
- A dual-layer leather flap shuts securely with strong snaps and is adjustable to two lengths, so users can fill the bag to capacity or cinch it tight. Either way the bag maintains its slim profile.
- An unlined interior and natural edges reveal the leather’s premium quality.
- A sumptuous leather panel under the flap creates a color splash— available in six color choices.
- The innovative strap system compresses bag contents to maintain a slim profile and positions the bag snugly against the body to help ease back fatigue.
- Two deep, waxed canvas pockets in the main compartment fit a tablet, smart phone and additional necessities.
- A full-width, luxuriously-soft, lined pocket under the flap stows electronics or personal items.
- A floating shoulder pad with a no-slip underside keeps the shoulder strap in place.
- A top leather handle allows for a quick grab.
The Rough Rider Leather Laptop Messenger’s premium materials set it a step above the competition. It is an heirloom-quality bag that could be handed down through generations. The updated Rough Rider joins a full-line of WaterField messenger bags, briefcases and totes, all designed to serve busy, mobile professionals and travelers.
Availability & Pricing
The Rough Rider:
Price: $429. Dimensions: 16.5” x 11.5” x 3.5”; 3.5 lbs.
Colors: Distressed, full-grain, “Grizzly” brown, naturally-tanned leather body with color panels under the flap in black, crimson, dark brown, gray, grizzly, or royal blue premium, full-grain leather.
Available for pre-order at http://www.sfbags.com. Shipping begins by May 4, 2018.
About WaterField Designs
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transport their technology. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full-range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information at “Our Story”.