SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Feb. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Hubitat, Inc., a leader in home automation systems, today announced the availability of their next-generation Hubitat Elevation home automation hub, providing users with a smaller form factor with built-in Zigbee and Z-Wave radios. By combining the advantages of local processing with the power of cloud IoT connectivity, Hubitat Elevation ensures personal data privacy and is more reliable and responsive than competitive cloud-based home automation solutions.
Hubitat Elevation is compatible with popular digital assistants including Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as standard smart home protocols including Zigbee, Z-Wave, Lutron®, LAN and cloud-connected home automation devices. Additionally, Hubitat Elevation integrates with many Iris smart home products such as smart plugs, motion sensors, water sensors and more. Hubitat Elevation empowers users to utilize home automation devices to their full potential to personalize their environment and bring the vision of an elevated home to life.
“Hubitat has quickly become a leading solution in the home automation space,” said Patrick Stuart, director of product and business development. “Our vision of true home automation is based on local processing so automations are reliable, more responsive and private. That’s what sets Hubitat Elevation apart from competitive cloud-based solutions.”
More About Hubitat Elevation
- Advanced built-in apps and rule-making capabilities – Create and control customized environments with apps that simplify and streamline the automation setup, including:
- Rule Machine®: A comprehensive rules engine to create simple to complex automations
- Hubitat Safety Monitor: Provides peace of mind with safety alerts and the ability to monitor intrusion, smoke, CO2, water and other sensors
- Groups and Scenes: Combine devices to set scenes and control them based on time of day, modes and triggers
- Device support & integrations – Compatible with standard smart home protocols for Zigbee, Z-Wave, Lutron®, LAN and cloud-connected home automation devices
- Open developer platform – Grants users the ability to develop their own code, applications, integrations and drivers to share via the Hubitat Community for others to utilize
- Works without internet – After initial setup, Hubitat keeps device data local and processes automations locally, even without internet access
In addition, Hubitat is launching a national television advertising campaign focused on demonstrating the ways in which Hubitat Elevation empowers consumers to Elevate Their Environment with intuitive, reliable, responsive, and private home automation technology that enriches and simplifies life in today’s connected home. To view the commercial online, visit: https://youtu.be/asKFYkRloOA
Availability and Pricing
For a limited time, the new Hubitat Elevation home automation hub is available in North America for an introductory price of $99.95 at hubitat.com and is also available at amazon.com as early as February 8. The first generation Hubitat Elevation hub is available in the UK, Europe and Australia at hubitat.com.
About Hubitat, Inc.
Hubitat is changing how people live with smart devices by enabling them to “Elevate Their Environment.” By combining the advantages of local automation processing with cloud IoT connectivity, Hubitat’s innovative Hubitat Elevation™ hub ensures personal data privacy and is more reliable and responsive than competitive cloud-based solutions. Hubitat Elevation is compatible with popular home automation devices, comes with a variety of built-in apps, and has an active user community to share ideas, insight and solutions. The Scottsdale, AZ based company was founded in 2016. For more information, visit hubitat.com.
Product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Hubitat disclaims any and all rights in these marks.