SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sep. 26, 2017— (NASDAQ:AMZN)–Starting today, Alexa is now available in the Amazon Music app on iOS and Android in the US, UK, Germany and Austria, combining the power of natural language voice controls with a rich, visual app experience. Tens of millions of songs are now at the tip of your tongue as well as the tips of your fingers – wherever you go.
Music listeners now have more choice than ever to find the music they want to play: either browse the app interface that Amazon Music customers already love, or just ask Alexa. To access Alexa within the Amazon Music app, simply use the push-to-talk function within the Amazon Music app for iOS and Android on connected mobile devices and tablets. To learn more, visit: www.amazon.com/alexaonmobile.
Millions of Alexa customers have enjoyed listening to music on Echo devices, and with Amazon Music’s innovative Alexa voice controls, customers can ask for music based on genre, decade, mood, tempo, activity or even the lyrics if they can’t remember the name of a song. With Alexa in the Amazon Music app, listeners can utilize the power and simplicity of voice functionality, wherever they are. For example:
- Riding in the car and want to listen to that new song by your favorite artist that you just heard on the radio? Just use the push-to-talk feature and say, “Play the new song by Fifth Harmony,” and Alexa will play “He Like That.”
- Getting out of town for the weekend? “Play music for a road trip.”
- Going out to meet your college friends and feeling nostalgic? “Play Coldplay from the 2000s” and Alexa will play songs from the band’s first few albums.
- On your way to the Foo Fighters concert and want to hear their latest song? “Play the song that goes ‘Banging on the ceiling, banging on the ceiling, keep it down,'” and Alexa will play “The Sky is a Neighborhood” from the band’s latest release, Concrete and Gold.
- At the gym and need music for your workout? “Play pop music for lifting weights” or “Play classic rock for cardio.”
- Headed out the door for a run and want some tunes? “Play running music.”
- Want to start your Monday morning commute off right? “Play morning music.” Once 5:00pm hits, “Play music for relaxing.”
“Amazon Music customers already know and love Alexa from listening on Echo devices,” stated Steve Boom, VP of Amazon Music. “Now our mobile listeners can enjoy an entirely new app experience that combines the power and simplicity of Alexa voice controls with the visual richness of the Amazon Music app.”
To start listening to music with Alexa wherever you go, simply update the Amazon Music app for iOS or Android. Alexa is also available for Amazon Music customers on Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Edition and Fire Tablets. Learn more about Amazon Music mobile app features by visiting: www.amazon.com/musicwithalexa.
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music is the destination for customers to have the most choice in how to access and listen to all their favorite music. In addition to streaming with Amazon Music Unlimited (standalone, on-demand music streaming service) and Amazon Prime Music (included in Prime memberships), Amazon Music offers a wide selection of CD and Vinyl, including AutoRip on more than a hundred thousand albums, and tens of millions of MP3 songs to purchase and own. For more information on Amazon Music visit www.amazon.com/
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.