SAN MATEO, Calif., Oct. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Kensington®, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals and The Professionals’ Choice, today announced general availability of Locking Bracket for Microsoft® Surface™ Book, the newest member to join its family of products that support Microsoft Surface devices.
Setting the standard by providing vigorously tested locking technology, the Kensington Locking Bracket provides users with a non-invasive solution for securing their Surface Books. The locking bracket is constructed with Kensington’s industry standard security slot, bundled with a MicroSaver 2.0 lock that comes with innovative common keying system, simplifying the process of locking down multiple devices for IT managers.
Kensington is a member of the “Designed for Surface” program and worked closely with Microsoft to design a locking solution for the Surface Book that effectively secures the device without compromising aesthetics, useability, or device warranty. Other Kensington products designed to secure Surface devices include Keyed Cable Lock for Surface Pro, Locking Kit for Surface Studio and other locking accessories.
“Protecting valuable data and device security is a primary concern for both individual Surface users and businesses,” said Sheri Brassell, Senior Director of Surface Program Management, Microsoft. “With expertise and longstanding leadership in physical security, Kensington has produced another exceptional solution that meets user requirements for device security. We’re happy to see that Kensington has produced a solution that meets user requirements for device security designed exclusively for Surface Book.”
Kensington® Locking Bracket for Surface Book (SKU# K64821; SRP $49.99)
Kensington® Locking Bracket for Surface Book Master Keyed (SKU# K64822M; SRP $49.99)
Kensington® Locking Bracket for Surface Book Supervisor Keyed (SKU# K64822S; SRP $49.99)
Features of the Locking Bracket for Surface Book include:
- Designed for Surface Book to provide professional-level security and superior performance
- Non-Invasive Locking Technology attaches to the bottom of the screen for an easy-to-use security solution that requires no device modifications, preserving the hardware warranty and aesthetics of your Surface Book
- Steel-Reinforced Security Bar provides strong anti-theft protection
- MicroSaver® 2.0 Keyed Laptop Lock has been verified and tested for industry-leading standards in torque/pull, foreign implements, lock lifecycle, corrosion, key strength and other environmental conditions
- 5mm Keying System with Hidden Pin™ Technology offers patented anti-pick solution, accommodates today’s thinnest devices, and is part of Kensington’s robust key management solutions that include Master Keyed (K64822M) and Supervisor Keyed (K64822S) options to help IT managers minimize the number of keys required to secure devices in mixed technology environments
- Register & Retrieve™ program offers free and secure cloud-based key management and replacement
As the inventor and market leader of laptop locks worldwide, Kensington’s locking solutions accommodate 95 percent of the world’s laptops, projectors, printers and monitors. Extensive support for the Surface family of products, including rugged cases, sleeves, docks, hubs, locking kits, and privacy screens, Kensington is The Professionals’ Choice for organizations incorporating the Microsoft Surface line into their computing environments.
“Physical security is a critical first step in protecting mobile devices such as the Surface Book when putting a security strategy in place,” said Gwen Hsu, Senior Director of Global Product Management, Kensington. “We worked closely with Microsoft to create a convenient, non-invasive locking solution for the Surface Book that met our rigorous standards for security. Our innovative 5mm keying system is an added benefit for IT managers – the system is compatible across all of Kensington’s newer locks, so that less keys are needed in heterogeneous computing environments.”
- Images are available for download at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm61CXi7
- Product animation may be viewed at: https://youtu.be/qVv1BmM5FjA
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.
Kensington and MicroSaver are registered trademarks of ACCO Brands. Kensington The Professionals’ Choice, Hidden Pin and Register & Retrive are trademarks of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2017 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.
SOURCE ACCO Brands