LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Clarion Corporation of America, a leader in automotive infotainment and advanced driver safety and assistance systems, announced today that it is participating at CES 2018 with a massive 30,000 sq./ft. exhibit and demonstration space, featuring a custom-built gallery-style display and hospitality suite, and a live vehicle demonstration track. The company will be showcasing and demonstrating a variety of new and innovative connectivity, infotainment, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving technologies and products, as well as future concepts.
“While most people recognize the Clarion brand as a leading car audio brand, the automotive industry knows Clarion as not just a tier-1 provider of car audio and entertainment systems, but also an innovator in In-vehicle infotainment systems, telematics and electronics control units, surround vision, and ADAS solutions,” said Allen H. Gharapetian, Vice President of Marketing and Product Planning, Clarion Corporation of America. “CES has evolved into a very impactful venue to showcase our latest in-car safety, infotainment and autonomous driving technologies, and for 2018 we will show the world an incredible display of how Clarion is leveraging voice-assistants, AI and cloud services to make cars smarter, safer and more connected than ever before.”
With automotive technologies taking center stage at CES, Clarion will be demonstrating to the industry its commitment to advancing the state-of-the-art for vehicle connectivity, safety and infotainment. Additionally, Clarion will provide demonstrations of how its latest technologies are perfecting the art and science of Human Machine Interface (HMI).
Clarion’s Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, autonomous driving, HMI and automotive vision system demonstrations include:
- 3D SurroundEye™ with Distortion Correction: provides a significantly more realistic 3D view of around the vehicle by mapping images onto 3D surfaces and actively smoothing 3D view during vehicle movement.
- Auto Valet with Voice Assistant: combines autonomous driving and automated valet parking technologies with a voice assistant system to allow drivers to autonomously valet park and retrieve their cars using voice commands.
- Connected Cameras: leverages powerful cloud computing and camera data analytics to drive greater camera value beyond traditional onboard ADAS functions.
- InfoSeat™ HMI Solutions: provides drivers with situational awareness alerts through seat vibrations and audio/visual cues; also includes the InfoSeat headrest speaker system which creates isolated audio zones for music, phone calls, and ADAS alerts.
- Mini-Megapixel Camera: offers notably improved, HD-quality image with distortion correction and object detection capability. Fits current camera package locations!
- Multi-Camera Cleaning System: improves driving safety in difficult environments by detecting ADAS and backup camera occlusions and using pressurized air and cleaning fluid to continuously maintain clean camera lenses.
- Quad View HMI + SmartDeviceLink™ (SDL): a scalable multi-window solution that simplifies interacting with advanced in-vehicle infotainment systems by eliminating confusing menu structures. By Integrating SDL, automakers can enable customers to connect their car’s infotainment system to select smartphone applications.
In addition to the demonstrations above, Clarion will also be showing and demonstrating its latest in-car audio and infotainment technologies, and marine audio systems. Demos and displays include:
- 2018 Marine Systems: Clarion will be showcasing several new marine-grade digital media source units, boasting industry-leading features and Clarion’s sophisticated new design signature. The all new CM-series high-performance marine grade speakers, tower speakers and subwoofers are also on display, boasting watertight wire connectors, RGB LED illumination and a beautiful nautical-inspired carbon fiber grill design.
- Full Digital Sound (FDS): the next generation of Clarion’s revolutionary high-resolution digital audio system that achieves full digital signal transfer from the source to the speakers. Ideal for hybrid, electric, and luxury vehicles, a complete FDS system is much lighter and more efficient than conventional high-resolution audio systems but delivers incredibly accurate sound.
- Low Reflection LCD: light reflectance on Clarion’s new Low Reflection LCD displays is at least 85% lower than standard AG coatings. This reduces glare in direct light situations and allows drivers to easily read text on their screens even in bright daylight.
- Multi-Stream Media Control: allows for seamless sharing and control of media and vehicle information content across the meter, center stack, or even rear seat entertainment screens.
- Smart Access Home Automation: in collaboration with Evolved Vehicle Environments (EVE) Clarion’s robust Smart Access cloud-connectivity platform will bridge the gap between connected car and connected home, enabling access, automation and control of the driver’s IoT devices from the car.
- Smart Access IoT: allows cars equipped with Clarion’s Smart Access cloud connectivity platform to detect and identify drivers and passengers based on BLE devices, and customizes infotainment screen layout to their preferences, and displays music playlists for all identified passengers.
- Smart Access Virtual Assistant: integrates advanced AI into the in-vehicle infotainment system, intelligently providing relevant, context-aware information and assists in driver operations to help ensure a safer, more comfortable and relaxing driving experience.
Clarion’s exhibit at CES 2018 is located outside in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) North Plaza NP7, in the Gold Lot.
For more information about Clarion’s in-vehicle products and technologies, commercial vehicle systems and other automotive solutions, please visit www.clarion.com/us.
SOURCE Clarion Corporation of America