NEWARK, N.J., May 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Panasonic Corporation of North America, a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies, and consumers, has released a new cross-industry survey series entitled Moving Forward, based on research into 10 disruptive technologies within two key solution sets: sustainable energy and integrated supply chain, and across five industries: building & construction, energy & utilities manufacturing, logistics, and food service, hospitality & retail.
“Disruptive technologies are not a new concept,” said Lauren Sallata, Chief Marketing Officer, Panasonic Corporation of North America. “However, the ways and reasons that companies are adopting them is drastically changing. It’s no longer a nice-to-have but a must-have with a focused effort to implement and adopt. The future success of a company likely rests on the use of these technologies, and it’s a very interesting time in numerous industries to see how this is all achieved.”
The 10 disruptive technologies included in this research included: sustainable energy, energy storage, cloud, mobile devices, apps, commerce, Internet of Things, Robotics, Advanced Materials, 3-D printing, artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles.
- Of the 200 companies surveyed, all of them have collectively adopted just under 50% of the 10 technologies, and intend to adopt more than 50% in the near future
- More than 1/3 intend plan to adopt 7+ technologies in the near future
- Technologies with the most widespread adoption (in order):
- Internet of Things
- Sustainable Energy
- Failure to adopt is seen as risky:
- 4 in 5 believe competitors in their own industry will pull ahead if they do not adopt or invest
- 7 in 10 are concerned that competitors outside of their industry could disrupt them
- Biggest barriers to adoption:
- Compliance with government regulations
- Consumer privacy, security concerns
- Lack of skilled employees
- Lack of expertise for effective implementation
This research was commissioned by Panasonic Corporation of North America and fielded from December–March 2018 in the U.S. and Canada. The survey included 200 CTOs and other senior technology decision makers in organizations with at least 200 employees.
For additional information please visit Panasonic.com.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America is a leading technology partner and integrator to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and leverages its strengths in Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B customers. Panasonic was highlighted in Forbes Magazine’s Global 2000 ranking as one of the Top Ten Best Regarded Companies for 2017. The ranking is based on outstanding scores for trustworthiness, honesty with the public and superior performance of products and solutions. Learn more about Panasonic’s ideas and innovations at Panasonic.com.
SOURCE Panasonic Corporation of North America