NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine will make his first official visit to NASA’s Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, on Tuesday, July 31, to meet with employees and tour the facility.
Media are invited to tour Langley’s Advanced Structures and Materials laboratory with the administrator. There they’ll see first-hand ongoing research, including the development of large space structures and new lightweight spacecraft that could be used for entry, descent and landing in support of NASA’s efforts to return astronauts to the Moon and on to Mars.
Immediately following the tour there will be an additional 30-minute availability for interviews with the administrator.
- Noon – 12:15 p.m. EDT:
- Media check-in at the NASA Langley Badge & Pass Office to receive access badging. 1 Langley Blvd., Hampton, Virginia, 23666
- Official media credentials are required for access.
- 12:15 – 12:30: Travel to Building 1148. Park, set up.
- 12:45 – 1:25: Administrator arrives, begin tour.
- 1:25 – 1:55: Media interviews.
Media interested in attending are asked to confirm their attendance no later than 4 p.m. Monday, July 30 by contacting Rob Wyman at 757-864-6120, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bridenstine was sworn in as NASA’s 13th administrator on April 23. For more information, visit: