KENOSHA, Wis., Aug. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — In its continued tradition of providing technicians with reliable tools that improve productivity and mechanical prowess in the shop, Snap-on is introducing its new Flank Drive Xtra (FDX) socket system. The first redesigned Snap-on socket since the patented Flank Drive system developed in 1965, the FDX takes the brand’s innovative socket and makes it even better, offering more turning power, a more secure fastener engagement and greater efficiency.
“Snap-on has taken its genius, often imitated Flank Drive design and completely reimagined a new, improved socket that delivers even better performance than before,” said Brian Benes, a Snap-on Tools product manager. “We’re proud to take everyday shop tools and turn them into revolutionary, time-saving solutions, and the FDX is just one example of Snap-on raising the bar.”
Five standout benefits make the FDX unique from any other sets of six-point sockets:
- Small but mighty: in an improved design that grips fasteners further off the corners, the FDX offers up to 25 percent more strength than Flank Drive® sockets.
- Rounded corner, no problem: with its angled contour, the socket wall grips damaged fasteners more closely for 50 percent more turning power.
- Upgraded shape: an optimally chamfered lip on both the hex and drive ends of the socket allows for a better grip and more turning power, especially for shallow-headed fasteners and fasteners with limited top clearance.
- Efficiently engineered: FDX sockets feature grooved, grippable outer walls, a unique design feature that makes them easier to remove.
- Easily identified: easier identification and improved readability are both achieved through large, distinctive markings on the socket exterior.
Find out more about the new Flank Drive Xtra socket system, as well as other tools and products, by contacting your participating Snap-on franchisee or other representative, visiting www.snapon.com or calling toll-free 877-SNAPON-4 (877-762-7664).
About Snap-on Tools
Snap-on Tools is a subsidiary of Snap-on Incorporated, a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as for customers in industries, including aviation and aerospace, agriculture, construction, government and military, mining, natural resources, power generation and technical education. Snap-on Tools is one of the largest non-food franchise companies in the world, selling its products and services through franchisee, company-direct, distributor and internet channels. Snap-on Incorporated, which was founded in 1920, is a $3.7 billion, S&P 500 company located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, with operations throughout the world. For additional information, visit www.snapon.com.