SAN DIEGO, Sept. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Further strengthening its ties to the custom installation market, LG Electronics USA is demonstrating its award-winning 2018 OLED TV with AI ThinQ® lineup this week at CEDIA Expo 2018 at the San Diego Convention Center (Booth #4835). While also expanding its technology partnerships, LG highlighted the enhanced “Reach LG” online portal adding a section specifically for custom installers as a one-stop shop to meet their business and informational needs. LG OLED was named Official 4K TV Partner of CEDIA Expo 2018.
Offering the industry’s broadest portfolio of consumer OLED TVs, LG is demonstrating the ultimate home theater experience with the advanced 77-inch class LG OLED C8, the stunning glass design of the 65-inch class LG OLED E8 “Glass” TV and the unmatched razor-thin profile of the 65- and 77-inch class LG SIGNATURE OLED W8 “Wallpaper” TVs.*
With perfect blacks, infinite contrast, expanded color gamut and wider viewing angles, the 2018 lineup continues to live up to the unrivaled ability of LG OLED to reproduce the most lifelike images of any display technology. LG TVs with AI ThinQ have the Google Assistant built in, so you can control compatible smart home devices using just your voice. Create a center for your smart home and beyond. Plus it works with Amazon Alexa devices.
As the centerpiece of the home-themed design of its CEDIA booth, LG teamed up with renowned interior designers Kate Rumson and Sarah Sherman Samuel to reimagine modern urban and suburban living spaces. Collaborating with highly-regarded custom integration experts from Osbee Industries and Value Electronics, Rumson and Samuel designed living spaces to feature the 77-inch class LG OLED C8 and the 65-inch class LG OLED E8 “Glass.”
“LG OLED TVs are the ideal TVs for custom installers looking to integrate the best picture quality into stunning solutions for their customers,” said Tim Alessi, LG Electronics USA’s senior director, home entertainment product marketing. “The jaw-dropping clarity and colors combined with the stunningly thin designs that LG OLED TVs deliver, make them the perfect centerpiece for any custom home entertainment project.”
LG Custom Installation Technology Solutions
Beyond the show-stopping LG OLED lineup, the LG booth features a number of other innovative home entertainment solutions ideally suited for customer installers:
- LG CineBeam Laser 4K Projector (HU80KA). This award-winning, versatile projector delivers up to a 150-inch cinematic 4K Ultra HD display. With brightness up to 2500 ANSI lumens, even an image up to 12-1/2 feet wide remains clear, crisp and bright.
- LG SUPER UHD LED TVs with AI ThinQ.® Featuring displays from 49-inch to 75-inch class sizes, LG SUPER UHD TV’s Nano Cell™ Display improves color accuracy with its expanded color gamut to deliver truer colors and deeper black levels at a wide viewing angle. Full array local dimming on most models** results in better picture quality. This more precise local dimming control enhances the contrast and maintains deep black levels while reducing light bleed.
- LG LED UHD TV with AI ThinQ (UK7570). Led by a stunning 86-inch class* model ideal for home theater installations, the LG UK7570 series delivers an ultra large screen experience with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
- LG 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player with Dolby Vision® (UBK90). When paired with LG OLED TVs, LG SUPER UHD TVs and LG CineBeam 4K Projectors, the LG UBK90 provides the ultimate in audio/video quality with a stunning 4K picture, support for Dolby Vision discs and state-of-the-art audio.
LG’s Commitment to Custom Installers
While bringing innovative, category-leading home entertainment display solutions to the custom installation (CI) market, LG also reaffirmed its commitment to supporting custom installers by adding a special section to its “Reach LG” training portal developed exclusively for CI professionals. The Reach LG portal is a one-stop-shop which provides quick and easy access to a range of CI valuable resources such as CAD drawings, spec sheets, user manuals and training modules.
“LG places a very high value on our friends in the custom installation industry,” said Rick Calacci, LG Electronics USA’s senior vice president of home entertainment sales. “Our Reach LG portal offers CI pros access to a wide range of resources to support their work, simplify integration and help them to succeed. We’re also partnering with many of the leading innovators in the world of custom innovation to ensure our products meet their needs.”
For example, Calacci said LG collaborated with Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, to develop network drivers for 2018 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TVs. LG Profiles will be available on Savant’s 8.9 system release expected later this month. Savant is the latest in the growing list of custom installation leaders that LG has partnered with, including Crestron, Control 4, Elan, URC and Logitech, ensuring compatibility and making the integration of LG TVs a smooth and simple process.
LG TVs are compatible with IP Control and IR Control as well as SpectraCal®‘s CalMAN® with AutoCal software making calibration faster and easier. LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD TVs also are compatible with RS-232C, the common standard for connecting electronic devices to control systems.
For more information on LG’s 2018 home entertainment products, please visit www.LG.com.
* LG Signature OLED Model 77W8PUA measures 76.8 inches diagonally. LG Signature OLED Model 65W8PUA measures 64.5 inches diagonally. LG OLED Model 65E8PUA measures 64.5 inches diagonally. LG OLED Model 77C8PUA measures 76.8 inches diagonally. LG UHD TV Model 86UK7570 measures 85.6 inches diagonally.
** LG SUPER UHD TVs have full-array local dimming, except the 75-inch class local-dimming model.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $55 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. Electronics LG is a 2018 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA