EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Sept. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Bandai America today announced that the company is bringing back an old friend with some brand new as well as vintage styles. The original Tamagotchi device, which took the world by storm in 1997, returns this fall featuring eight original colors and eight brand new colors. This new release will be rolled out in two generations and will feature the same original programming that consumers came to adore from over two decades ago.
“We have found that since we brought the Tamagotchi back last year in a new form, fans have been clamoring for the return of the originals that launched in 1997,” said Tara Badie, Bandai America Marketing Director. “We have decided to bring back the original Tamagotchi with some new additions that will keep the classic look and feel of the original game, but with new colors that will bring the device to life like never before.”
For the fall launch, the original programming will allow consumers to feed the Tamagotchi, clean up after it, take care of it and even discipline it, while you raise the Tamagotchi to adulthood. With each Tamagotchi, players are given one of two different games to play: A character and numbers game. Each player has up to seven different types of adult Tamagotchi they will be able to get.
Tamagotchi devices will be released in two separate generations:
- Generation One: All generation one Tamagotchi devices include a character game where players have to guess which way the Tamagotchi will move next!
- Purple With Pink: Original Purple shell with pink frame and buttons
- Translucent Blue: Original translucent blue shell with yellow buttons
- Rainbow: Rainbow shell with white ‘Tamagotchi’, frame, and buttons
- Striped Tiger: Pink and purple tiger-printed shell with green ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- Pink With Yellow: Original pink shell with yellow frame and buttons
- White With Black: Original white shell with black frame and buttons
- Red Glitter: Red-glittered shell with gold ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- Mermaid: Colorful mermaid shell with pink ‘Tamagotchi’ and buttons
- Generation Two: All generation two Tamagotchi includes the number game where players have to guess whether the next number will be higher or lower!
- White and Pink: Original white shell with pink characters, ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- Black and Silver: Original black shell with silver ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- Green Glitter: Green-glittered shell with white frame and blue ‘Tamagotchi’ and buttons
- Colorful Leopard: Colorful leopard shell with red ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- Blue with Silver: Original blue shell with silver characters, ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- Yellow with Blue: Original yellow shell with blue characters, ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- Galaxy: Blue and purple galaxy shell with white ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
- White With Colorful Characters: White shell with characters, green Japanese ‘Tamagotchi’, frame and buttons
Each device is sold individually with a suggested retail price $19.99. Tamagotchi devices will be available for pre-sell on September 30, 2018 at select retail and online. For more information, please visit www.bandai.com.
About Bandai America Incorporated
Bandai builds on dreams, adds to the fun, and strives to inspire kids of all ages around the world, every day! A leader in developing engaging, quality toys that capture children’s imaginative spirit and provide endless “Fun For The Future,” Bandai America Incorporated is the manufacturer and master toy licensee of some of the most popular brands in children’s toys and interactive entertainment today. The Bandai America brand family includes Power Rangers®, Dragon Ball®, Miraculous™ and Tamagotchi®, among other boys, girls, preschool, and hobby product lines. Bandai America Incorporated is a subsidiary of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings USA Inc., an entity that resulted from the integration of Namco Ltd. and Bandai Co. Ltd. of Japan. Global interests encompass three strategic business units: Toys and Hobby, Video Games and Online Entertainment and Film and Music. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California. Find out more about our expertise in connecting with kids in fun and fresh ways at www.Bandai.com.
Tamagotchi: ©BANDAI, WiZ
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Bandai logo: ® and © 2018 Bandai.