LOS ANGELES, Oct. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Linksys®, celebrating thirty years of networking and WiFi innovation for the home and business this year, today announced the availability of its latest addition to the Linksys family of Velop™ Whole Home Mesh WiFi Systems – the new Velop Plug-In. Velop is a flexible Whole Home Mesh WiFi system of modular nodes that all work seamlessly together to fit the needs of any home and deliver flawless WiFi everywhere. The Velop Plug-In node conveniently fits into nearly all wall sockets, assuring coverage in traditionally underused areas of the home such as hallways and garages for a seamless connection to all devices in the home.
The Velop Plug-In utilizes adaptive Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ technology to ensure the fastest path to the internet and have optimal WiFi on all the connected devices in the home. Intelligent Mesh improves connectivity at distances, accelerates client handling between nodes, and makes dynamic improvements to the network backhaul to deliver the best connection. It is the ideal solution for homes with connected security systems such as doorbells or door locks that require a consistent, reliable WiFi signal, or for users who automate their homes with voice control leveraging smart devices like Wemo®.
“WiFi has become one of the most important home utilities rivaling electricity itself. With gaming systems, smart phones, tablets, smart TVs, smart speakers and security systems, WiFi is the backbone of any home’s technical infrastructure. Utilizing a mesh network helps ensure consistent and reliable coverage throughout an entire property, which is why we developed the Velop Plug-In,” said Kannan Vardarajan, senior product manager at Linksys. “People need easier ways to fine-tune a custom WiFi system when having a table top solution is not always the best option. With the addition of the Velop Plug-In to the Velop family, we have a solution for any environment for even the most demanding home networks.”
Velop Plug-In Key Features:
- Velop Plug-In is a Dual-Band AC 2×2 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO radio configuration with combined speeds up to 1300 Mbps*.
- One Velop Plug-In covers up to 1,500 square feet.** Nodes work together and fit in any environment so it’s easy to create and customize a wireless home network.
- Plug-in nodes fit any wall socket to boost coverage for all the connected devices in the home.
- Plug-in nodes cover only a single outlet plug, keeping the other one open for different uses.
- Optimizes and adapts to consistently deliver fast flawless WiFi using Intelligent Mesh™, an evolution in Home Wi-Fi engineering, that improves connectivity and provides better speed at distances to always ensure every device, anywhere on the network, has the best Internet connection possible.
- Future-proofed WiFi security: Keep your system up-to-date and secure with automatic software updates.
- The Easy App-Led step up with the Linksys App makes it simple to setup.
- The Velop Plug-In works with any Velop system making it the most flexible WiFi mesh system available.
- Velop comes with a 3-year warranty and support.
Pricing and Availability:
The Velop Mesh WiFi system with a Velop node and 2 plug-in nodes (WHW0203P) is available for $399.99 MSRP starting today on Amazon.com, BestBuy.com and Linksys.com and will be available in major retail and online stores including Amazon, Best Buy, B&Y, Fry’s, Microcenter and Walmart.com in the coming weeks.
For more information, please visit https://www.linksys.com/us/p/p-whw0203p/
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class technology, design and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or watch us on YouTube.
* Specifications are subject to change without notice. An active, customer purchased Internet Service Provider broadband account is required for connection of this product and other connected devices to the Internet. Some devices may require additional wireless adapters or an Ethernet cable to connect.
Maximum Performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance may vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, speed, range and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including building materials and construction, volume of network traffic, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions. In order to achieve the best performance, Velop products must be used with compatible AC wireless devices. The standard transmission rates for each node—867 Mbps (for 5 GHz radio), 400 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz)—are the physical data rates. Actual data throughput will be lower and may depend on the mix of wireless products used and external factors. May require a software/firmware update available for download at linksys.com/support.
** Range can vary with the number and placement of nodes in the system. Each node in the wireless system provides additional coverage. Range specifications are based on performance test results under normal use case conditions. Actual ranges will vary depending on wireless interference, physical obstructions, operating environments and building material. Additional nodes (available for purchase separately) may be required for especially large houses/apartments or buildings with thick or dense walls. Wireless coverage claims are used only as reference and are not guaranteed, as each wireless network is unique.
© 2018 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Belkin, Linksys, Velop, Intelligent Mesh and many product names and logos are trademarks of the Belkin group of companies. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.