BROOMFIELD, Colo., Oct. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity® company, announced the launch of Webroot WiFi Security, a virtual private network (VPN) that provides security and privacy for users who connect to WiFi networks. On Windows®, Mac®, and Android™ operating systems, Webroot WiFi Security leverages Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence, providing a unique and powerful layer of security that protects users from visiting malicious or risky sites.
When connecting to any WiFi network either on the road or at home, Webroot WiFi Security is specifically designed to protect consumers from malicious threats that could steal financial and personal information, passwords, or even infect a device with malware. Additionally Webroot WiFi Security provides anonymity and privacy, automatically hiding IP addresses and encrypting data to keep users safe.
Webroot WiFi Security Overview:
- Webroot WiFi Security offers an easy-to-use application interface that automatically keeps users’ personal data safe from cybercriminals and private from ISPs.
- The product automatically connects to the optimal server for speed, and utilizing the most secure and stable VPN protocol.
- With the auto-connect feature, Webroot WiFi Security will automatically activate if a user connects to an unsecured network, helping protect customers even if they forget to turn the VPN on.
- Users on Windows®, Mac®, and Android™ operating systems, can use an optional ‘kill switch’ feature, which blocks all internet traffic unless Webroot WiFi Security is in use. This helps secure sensitive internet usage like online banking.
- Additionally, on Windows, Mac, and Android operating systems, Webroot WiFi Security leverages Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence to prevent consumers from visiting risky pages known to serve malware or steal information like usernames and passwords. Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence scans and classifies the entire internet to uncover hidden relationships between URLs that could signal malicious or untrustworthy sites.
- Webroot WiFi Security is available for mobile and desktop devices, including those running on iOS®, Android, Mac, and Windows operating systems.
- Webroot partnered with Perimeter81 to bring Webroot WiFi Security to market, leveraging the latest in VPN technologies with superior reliability and connection speed.
- Customers also have access to Webroot’s award-winning 24×7 customer support.
- Webroot WiFi Security is part of a robust consumer product line including Webroot SecureAnywhere® protection. The product is available at Webroot.com, Google™ Play Store, and Apple® App Store.
Andy Mallinger, Director of Product, Consumer, Webroot
“Cybercriminals are constantly looking for ways to gain access to personal information, from setting up fake networks to deploying sniffers to capture browsing data. One of the best ways for a person to protect themselves online is by always using a private and secure network connection. Built on a proven platform and the power of Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence, WiFi Security is the most effective VPN solution available.”
Webroot was the first to harness the cloud and artificial intelligence to protect businesses and individuals against cyber threats. We provide the number one security solution for managed service providers and small businesses, who rely on Webroot for endpoint protection, network protection, and security awareness training. Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Services are used by market leading companies like Cisco, F5 Networks, Citrix, Aruba, Palo Alto Networks, A10 Networks, and more. Leveraging the power of machine learning to protect millions of businesses and individuals, Webroot secures the connected world. Headquartered in Colorado, Webroot operates globally across North America, Europe, and Asia. Discover Smarter Cybersecurity solutions at webroot.com.
©2018 Webroot Inc. All rights reserved. Webroot, SecureAnywhere, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Webroot BrightCloud, BrightCloud, and Smarter Cybersecurity are trademarks or registered trademarks of Webroot Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.