Amazon’s annual Best of Prime celebrates what members shopped for, watched, listened to, read and played in the last year
Most awarded show on Prime Video is The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and most binged shows are Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan and Homecoming; most beloved comic-to-movie adaptation on Prime Reading is Black Panther, and most streamed artist on Prime Music is Justin Timberlake
(NASDAQ: AMZN) Drumroll, please! Amazon today announced the Best of Prime 2018, highlighting how Prime members around the world enjoyed their benefits throughout the last year. More new members worldwide already signed up for Prime in 2018 than ever before and, new this year, members in Australia can now experience Prime’s benefits – bringing the number of countries with Prime to 17. Prime members worldwide ordered more than two billion products with one-day delivery or faster in the last year, showcasing the breadth and value Prime members enjoy in delivery speeds. Top honors in the U.S. went to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (most awarded show on Prime Video), Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryanstarring John Krasinskiand Homecoming starring Julia Roberts(most bingedshows on Prime Video), Justin Timberlake (most streamed artist on Prime Music), “Black Panther” (most enjoyed comic-to-movie adaptation on Prime Reading), Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (best-selling product overall), organic apples (most popular Prime member deal at Whole Foods Market) and video game Fortnite (most popular in-game loot from Twitch Prime). Amazon’s Best of Prime 2018 can be found on Prime Insider at amazon.com/bestofprime.
“We love delivering smiles over the holidays, whether through fast, free shipping or deals on favorites like organic apples from Whole Foods Market, or award-winning entertainment like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” said Cem Sibay, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “Prime members worldwide ordered more than two billion products for one-day delivery or faster in the last year, which is pretty amazing.”
2018 Best of Prime: Whole Foods Market
Members have adopted the new savings benefit at Whole Foods Market at one of the fastest rates in the history of Prime. For the first time, members in the U.S. celebrated Prime Day with a week of savings at Whole Foods Market. Members saved millions while shopping at Whole Foods Market with Prime Day deals, and organic strawberries were the best-selling deal. Outside of Prime Day, the best-selling Prime member deal saw members scoop up enough organic apples to bake more than 350,000 apple pies. For the first time this year, Prime members experienced ultrafast delivery from Whole Foods Market stores through Prime Now – available in more than 60 cities across the U.S. with plans for continued expansion. In fact, Prime members in Austin, San Francisco and Boston took advantage of ultrafast delivery from Whole Foods Market more than any other city. Plus, Prime members in select cities experienced curbside pickup – enabling customers to order and retrieve their groceries from Whole Foods Market stores in as little as 30 minutes through Prime Now.
Best of Prime 2018: Prime Video
Members curled up on the couch with their TV, tablet or smartphone watching Prime Video:
- This just in: The two most binged Prime Original series worldwide to date include Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryanstarring John Krasinskiand Homecoming starring Julia Roberts.
- Members loved The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and so did the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. With eight Emmy Awards, the series won more than any comedy series ever has for a single season, including “Outstanding Comedy Series.”
- Giving The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel five out of five stars, one enthusiastic member stated, “I’ve probably watched season one five times. Three by myself, and two more times introducing it to my friends. Mrs. Maisel is how all of us hope to be in similar situations.”
- The top three cities worldwide that streamed the most hours of Prime Video per capita include Santa Clara, U.S.; Norderstedt, Germany; and Tokai, Japan.
- Early risers in the U.S., U.K. and India streamed more Prime Video than any other country between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. local time.
- Night owls in Japan, Germany and Spain streamed more Prime Video than any other country between the hours of 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. local time.
- This just in: The nine NFL games thus far on Prime Video and Twitch combined to reach 20 million total viewers in over 200 countries and territories and all 50 U.S. states.
- This just in: The top three American cities that streamed the most minutes of Thursday Night Football so far this year include Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO and Seattle, WA.
Best of Prime 2018: Prime Music
Members around the world couldn’t get enough of the hits on Prime Music:
- The most streamed artist was Justin Timberlake.
- Members’ favorite albums included Man of the Woods by Justin Timberlake, Camila by Camila Cabello, Astroworld by Travis Scott and Mitchell Tenpenny EP by Mitchell Tenpenny.
- Members’ favorite 2018 songs included “The Middle,” by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey; “Lose It,” by Kane Brown; “Idgaf,” by Dua Lipa; “Better Now,” by Post Malone; and “Done For Me,” by Charlie Puth, featuring Kehlani.
- The most requested song via Alexa was “The Middle” by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey.
- The latest new releases on Prime Music in the U.S. are always available on the “Pulse of Prime” playlist.
2018 Best of Prime: Twitch Prime
Twitch Prime offers Prime members free video games and exclusive in-game content for some of the biggest games in the world like Fortnite and League of Legends. Members also receive a free Twitch channel subscription to use on their favorite broadcaster every 30 days. Members around the world couldn’t get enough of the free video games and in-game content with Twitch Prime last year:
- Members claimed a total of more than 50 million free games worldwide, with hundreds of hours of free gameplay available for each member.
- Members also made their favorite games better, downloading 55 million pieces of in-game loot and content across 17 blockbuster games worldwide, including League of Legends, Overwatch and PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.
- Tens of thousands of Twitch.tv broadcasters turbo boosted their channels with subscriptions from Twitch Prime members. Iconic Twitch broadcaster Ninja said, “Wanna know the power of @TwitchPrime and @
FortniteGame? I gained 30,000 subscribers in 8 hours … This growth is seriously mind boggling.”
- The most popular loot drop was for Fortnite, which included two exclusive in-game character outfits, backpack, pickaxe and emote.
Best of Prime 2018: Prime Reading
Everyone loves a good page-turner, and members are no exception. Here’s a look at U.S. members’ top picks on Prime Reading:
- They say the book is always better than the movie, but what about the comic book? Members tested that theory out with “Black Panther,” Prime Reading’s most beloved comic-to-movie adaptation.
- Members love mysteries – half of Prime Reading’s top ten most read books this year were Mystery novels, including “Say You’re Sorry,” the most read book of the year.
- The top five most borrowed titles by Prime members in the U.S. include “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “Milk and Honey” and “Say You’re Sorry.”
- Members explored loss and survival with “Milk and Honey” and are continuing their journey with the poet’s second book, “The Sun and Her Flowers.”
Best of Prime 2018: Fastest Deliveries of the Last Year
Members went bananas for ultra-fast delivery. In fact, bananas were the top item purchased with Prime Now and Amazon Fresh. The fastest Prime Now deliveries of 2018 in the U.S. include:
- 8 minutes in Berkeley, CA to deodorize with Hartz Home Protection Lavender Scent Odor-Eliminating Gel Dog Pads
- 9 minutes in Kirkland, WA to game with the Nintendo SNES Classic
- 9 minutes in Los Angeles, CA to relieve with the TriggerPoint Foam Massage Ball and Excedrin Migraine Caplets
- 9 minutes in Seattle, WA to sip La Crema Pinot Noir
- 9 minutes in Charlotte, NC to carry to school with the High Sierra Loop Backpack
Best of Prime 2018: Top Products
Members’ most popular purchase of the year in the U.S. was the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, followed by the Echo Dot – which was also one of the most gifted items during the week leading up to both Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, and the best-selling product on Amazon globally during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday holiday weekend. Prime members get even more from their membership with Amazon devices, including access to exclusive deals and easy access to music, video, photos, gaming, voice shopping, and more.
Some other Prime member favorites include:
- Electronics: Panasonic ErgoFit In-Ear Earbuds Headphones, Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera, Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker
- Home Décor: Greenco Set of 3 Floating U Shelves, Nearly Natural 6-Foot Ficus Silk Tree, Umbra Trigg Hanging Planter Vase
- Cookware: Lodge 10.25-Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, T-fal 5-Quart Saute Pan Jumbo Cooker with Lid, Calphalon Set of 10-Inch and 12-Inch Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware
- Home Improvement: TP-Link Kasa Wi-Fi Smart Plug (Works with Amazon Alexa), Affresh Washing Machine Cleaner, Philips Hue LED Light Bulb (Works with Amazon Alexa)
- TVs: TCL 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV, LG Electronics 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV, Samsung 65-Inch 4K Smart TV
- Major Appliances: Danby 120-Can Beverage Center, Opal Nugget Ice Maker, Danby Compact Refrigerator
- Lawn & Garden: REPEL Plant-Based Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent, TERRO Liquid Ant Baits (2-Pack), Sun Joe Electric Pressure Washer
- Office: Elmer’s Gallon of Glue, Ticonderoga #2 Pencils, Scotch Packaging Tape
- Tools: Ergodyne N-Ferno Winter Balaclava Ski Mask, LE LED Headlamp, Streamlight Lithium Batteries
- Sports: ProSource Puzzle Exercise Mat, Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair), Spalding NBA Street Basketball
- Pets: Chuckit! Ultra Dog Ball, Nylabone Dura Chew Power Chew Textured Ring, Multipet Duckworth Duck Large Dog Toy
- Toys & Games: Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm Blaster, L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise, Play-Doh Modeling Compound 10-Pack
- Luxury Beauty: EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum Facial Sunscreen, Bioderma Sensibio HO Micellar Water, Mario Badescu Facial Spray
- Prime Wardrobe: Prime members have loved access to thousands of brands available to try before they buy
- Fashion: Top brands including Levi’s, Calvin Klein and Under Armour
- Fashion Private Brands: Amazon Essentials, Goodthreads and Daily Ritual
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime.
The Best of Prime analyzed how Prime members worldwide enjoyed their Prime benefits between October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018, unless otherwise noted. Information included in these results examines data at a collective level, without viewing personal information by specific Prime members.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.