SAN FRANCISCO — December 4th, 2018 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Operation Wind Bastion, the fourth and last season of Year 3 of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege, including two new Operators and the new Fortress map, is now available for PC, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. Year 3 pass owners can now play Operation Wind Bastion’s two new Operators, Nomad and Kaid. All other players will be able to unlock these Operators starting December 11th using Renown or R6 Credits. The all-new Fortress map and new content improvements are now available for free to all players.
New Content of Year 3 Season 4 Available Today
In Operation Wind Bastion, players will meet two new Operators:
- Nomad, a Moroccan Attacker, packs quite a punch thanks to her Airjab launcher. Airjabs are sticky, proximity-triggered air blast grenades that allow Nomad to shove Operators back and throw them to the ground.
- Kaid is a Moroccan Defender that serves as a powerful counter to hard breachers. Kaid uses his Rtila electroclaw to electrify all metallic objects in proximity: reinforced walls, barbed wire, deployable shields.
In addition, players will discover the Moroccan mountains in the new Fortress map, which functions as both a military training facility and Kaid’s home. Inspired by the iconic architecture from the southern region of Morocco, Fortress features solid rotation between floors, an accessible roof, and many dangerous lines of sight and flanking routes.
Year 3 Season 4 Major Update Implementation
In addition to this new content, Operation Wind Bastion will include a major update on the following features:
- A redesigned in-game shop to improve the user experience. For example, the shop will feature a new full screen view for weapons, a new light theme, and the possibility for players to browse left and right within a category, among many other changes.
- Updated throw curves to make throwable gadgets easier and more comfortable to use. All throwables now use this new curve except for the Nitro Cell, which will be classified in a different category defined as “heavy throw.”
- An optional Area of Effect feature for Kaid and Nomad that is designed to help new players better understand the area of effect when deploying a gadget. This will only be visible for the Operator placing the gadget. This feature can be disabled in the game’s settings.
- Finally, in addition to gameplay and technical fixes, players can expect playlist changes to the Ranked Map pool and Casual Map pool.
New Pro League Team BDU and Headgear
With Operation Wind Bastion, players can now acquire a matching BDU and Headgear to deck out a specific Operator from head to toe in support of their favorite Pro League team.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege has partnered with eight Pro League teams to introduce revenue sharing as a model to fund the Six Invitational prize pool and to encourage the stability and growth of the Pro League scene: 30 percent of the revenue from Pro Team BDU and Headgear sales will go to the organizations that are a part of the program.
For more information on the Operation Wind Bastion season updates, please visit:
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, please visit:.
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Alongside a thriving professional esports scene and a community of over 40 million registered players, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of a fast-paced, ever-evolving multiplayer experience grounded in the selection of unique Operators. Using the right mix of tactics and destruction, Rainbow Six teams engage their enemies in sieges, where both sides have exclusive skills and gadgets at their disposal. Defenders prepare by transforming the environments around them into modern strongholds, while attackers use recon drones to gain intel for carefully planning their assault. With access to dozens of Operators inspired by real world counter-intelligence agents from around the globe, players can choose exactly how they want to approach each challenge they encounter. Through the constant addition of new Operators and maps that add to the depth of both strategy and combat, the unpredictability of each round of Rainbow Six Siege sets a new bar for intensity and competition in gaming.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2017–18 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,732 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoft.com.