LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–CES – Booth #3902 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduced the SPH-10BT, a single-DIN in-dash digital media receiver designed for seamless connectivity and in-vehicle entertainment. With direct access buttons to initiate specific functions or commands, synchronized illumination and compatibility with Pioneer Smart Sync, the SPH-10BT represents Pioneer’s continued efforts to integrate the power and features of the smartphone into automotive aftermarket products.
The SPH-10BT also includes a built-in, rotatable smartphone cradle, a first for Pioneer, designed to provide a secure mounting solution1 and fully integrate the smartphone with the in-dash receiver. Once placed in this cradle, the user’s smartphone becomes visually combined with the SPH-10BT, revolutionizing the user experience.
Pioneer Smart Sync transforms compatible iPhone® or Android® smartphones into a high-resolution LCD in-dash display for Pioneer Smart Sync driving functions when paired with select Bluetooth®-enabled Pioneer audio and digital media receivers, including the SPH-10BT. This powerful combination provides both a larger display for the user interface and touch control for simpler and more intuitive control of the in-dash receiver.
“The single-DIN chassis size is almost universal, with the ability to be installed in both older and newer vehicles. However, given its compact size, a single-DIN receiver often lacks a large touchscreen or the ability to integrate well with the smartphone,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The SPH-10BT offers a very unique solution by integrating the smartphone both electronically and physically.”
The SPH-10BT is also compatible with Pioneer’s ND-PS1 rear parking sensors. When connected with the sensors installed in the rear vehicle bumper2, the SPH-10BT provides audible object warnings and visual indicators on both the in-dash receiver and the Pioneer Smart Sync app.
- Integrated smartphone cradle
- Anti-theft detachable panel
- Six hard-key buttons providing access to favorite functions:
- Source Change – to switch between music sources
- Voice Control – for quick and easy commands while driving
- Navigation – for direct access to your favorite navigation apps
- Messages – one-touch access to read out incoming messages
- Phone Book – to make and receive calls via Bluetooth
- Pioneer Smart Sync – launch and navigate back to the app
- Customizable UI – Personalize the look and feel of the receiver to match your mood
- MIXTRAX – Keep the party going with a non-stop mix of your music library complete with DJ-inspired effects and club-style illumination
- Bluetooth Compatibility – Built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
- HFP 1.6 with Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 produces significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations by increasing the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz – 7kHz) and doubling the sampling frequency (now 16kHz). The result is clearer and more distinct sound for both the user and the call recipient.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can search album content over the Bluetooth wireless connection. iPhone owners can search through their playlists, artists, songs, and genres over Bluetooth. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through folders containing media through folder type and browse in media content folders. The smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio Browsing.
- USB Connectivity
- Quick charge for Android
- Rear-parking sensor input – For use with Pioneer’s optional ND-PS1 rear parking sensors
- FLAC – Enjoy lossless digital audio files in your vehicle with playback output at CD quality, without the need to convert.
- 31-Band EQ when used with the Pioneer Smart Sync app, 13-Band EQ when used without a smartphone.
The SPH-10BT will be available in February with a suggested price of $150.
1 Before driving, ensure that the smartphone is mounted securely so it does not separate from the mounting device during a sudden stop. Do not use the built-in holder if it is difficult to securely attach your smartphone or if bad road conditions could cause the smartphone to separate or fall.
2 For professional installation in vehicles with non-metal bumpers.
Warning: Read the operation manual as well as all instructions and cautions before use. Pay attention to the road, limit glances to the device, and do not use any feature if it cannot be operated both safely and legally in your location and environment. Distracted driving may result in serious injury, including death.
For more product information, visit- pioneerelectronics.com/car.