DAV and RecruitMilitary will host the Pittsburgh Veterans Job Fair next Thursday, March 7th at Heinz Field from 11am to 3pm for veterans, transitioning military personnel, National Guard members, Reservists and military spouses. This event, sponsored by Highmark Health, features 53+ employers and coincides with RecruitMilitary’s recently announced collaboration with Google and its newly designed job search function for military trained talent.
As job seekers prepare to attend next week’s event at Heinz Field, transitioning service members and veterans using RecruitMilitary’s job board to preview available job opportunities will experience a refined search that’s powered by Google’s machine learning algorithms and built-in military occupational specialty (MOS) understanding to civilian job matching.
- The new search function is key to those veterans or service members who are actively seeking new career opportunities but are unsure of where to begin. Now with help from Google’s search, RecruitMilitary provides an enhanced running start that is needed by job seekers who are new to the civilian job search process.
- This functionality will make it easier for veterans to find the next step in their career in the civilian workforce
- In early testing of the service, we have seen a more than 13% increase in veteran job seekers applying to jobs, and search volume by users is increased by more than 10%.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s January report, the rate of veteran unemployment holds steady at an all-time low – currently at 3.7%, which means military trained talent is in demand by civilian employers.
- Now Google and RecruitMilitary are making it easier for both job seekers and employers by changing the job search and job placement processes for both parties.
I’d like to arrange a time for you to speak with RecruitMilitary’s Event Director Jen Hadac, who is also a U.S. Navy veteran, to learn more about how veterans and military spouses can utilize the new Google search tool to find civilian employment opportunities in Pittsburgh and nationwide. Please feel free to contact me today to arrange a time to speak with Jen prior to next week’s event.