SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mar. 20, 2019– (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced the launch of MLB.TV on Prime Video Channels, allowing Prime members to subscribe to MLB.TV and stream regular season out-of-market baseball games live and on-demand, all from the Prime Video service.
With MLB.TV, Prime members have a convenient option to watch live out-of-market MLB games while at home or on-the-go. Baseball fans can cheer on their favorite teams with MLB.TV on the Prime Video app across hundreds of devices, including compatible TVs, game consoles, set-top boxes and other connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV, mobile devices and online. MLB.TV will work seamlessly in Prime Video, with no additional apps to download or passwords to remember.
“Prime members love the convenience of streaming live sports on-the-go—and now with MLB.TV, they won’t have to miss watching their favorite teams play,” said Marie Donoghue, Vice President, Global Sports Video. “We know Prime members can’t get enough of sports, and we’re dedicated to providing more access to the Major League Baseball games they want.”
Prime members streaming MLB.TV on Fire TV devices (Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Edition) will have access to Prime Video’s exclusive X-Ray feature, which allows fans to access live in-game stats, team and player details and play-by-play information while they watch. To access the X-Ray feature, simply click up on the Fire TV remote control while the game is playing.
Prime members in the U.S. can subscribe to MLB.TV for $24.99/month, or a one-time payment of $118.99 for a Season Pass, after a 7-day free trial. For more information on MLB.TV, visit www.amazon.com/mlbtv.
MLB.TV joins an expanding, top tier selection of live and on-demand sports content available on Prime Video, including NFL Thursday Night Football games, AVP Pro Beach Volleyball tournaments, and the Laver Cup tennis tournament available to Prime members around the world, and English Premier League matches, the US Open, and the men’s ATP World Tour available in the UK. Prime members can watch additional sports content by subscribing to CBS All Access, NBA League Pass and PGA TOUR LIVE in the U.S., and the Eurosport Player in the U.K. and Germany. Amazon customers in the U.S. can also purchase UFC pay-per-view events.
“Prime Video will be another great distribution platform for out-of-market fans to have daily access to live baseball,” said Chris Tully, MLB Executive Vice President, Global Media. “Combining MLB.TV with Prime Video will provide a seamless experience for subscribers to follow their favorite teams and players.”
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as Emmy-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan,Homecoming, The Man in the High Castle,Bosch, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick and the critically acclaimed Beautiful Boy,
exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 100+ channels like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV episodes, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, AppleTV, game consoles or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.