San Francisco —April 16, 2019 — Today, Ubisoft announced that Anno 1800, the latest installment from the successful city-building and strategic franchise, is launching worldwide on Windows PC. In addition, Ubisoft revealed the Anno 1800 post launch plan including a Season Pass with three major DLCs. Moreover, all Anno 1800 players will have access to free content including the upcoming Co-Op Mode, Community Challenges and Statistics Building.
Rich with technological innovations, conspiracies, and constantly fluctuating allegiances, the 19th century is the perfect setting for classic Anno gameplay. Developed by Ubisoft Blue Byte, Anno 1800 provides players with countless opportunities to prove their skills as a ruler. Players can create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, settle an exotic new continent, send out global expeditions, and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade, or warfare.
Anno 1800 combines beloved features from 20 years of Anno history, delivering a rich city-building experience, including a story-based campaign, a highly customizable sandbox mode, and the classic Anno multiplayer experience. Anno 1800 will see the return of highly requested features such as individual AI opponents, shippable trade goods, randomly generated maps, multi-session gameplay, items and more.
To bring this pivotal historical era to life, Anno 1800 introduces many all-new features to the franchise. Expeditions allow players to send crews of specialists across the globe as they seek fame and fortune, while the new workforce feature makes managing your factories more demanding and realistic than ever. Finally, players will settle South America as they lay claim to the black gold powering this new age of industry.
With the Anno Season Pass* players will have access to new adventures, challenges and tools as they shape their very own Industrial Revolution. The Season Pass includes the three following DLCs to be released throughout 2019:
- The Sunken Treasure: Players will be able to expand their empire with a new European “Old World” session and large continental island, as they join an eccentric inventor and his diving bell on a treasure hunt.
- Botanica: In this DLC, players will have the opportunity to grow their city’s attractiveness to new heights with a modular Botanical Garden, allowing them to earn new items and rewards as they draw the tourist masses to their floral masterpiece.
- The Passage: Players will have to master all-new production chains and goods as they build an Arctic outpost in the Northwest Passage.
- Cosmetic Content (available today): Season Pass owners will also receive immediately three cosmetic customization items that they can use to customize their game profile for multiplayer: the prisoner portrait, and two exclusive company logos.
In addition, regular game updates will bring new free content available for all players after launch including:
- Co-Op Mode: This highly requested community feature will be added to the game in a future update, allowing players to team up with their friends to take shared control of a single empire as it evolves throughout the industrial revolution.
- Community Challenges: The Anno Community will receive regular challenges that will require all of them to come together to reach a shared goal. Doing so will unlock new cosmetic customization options like company icons or even skins for all participants.
- Statistics Building: The most experienced players who love to go all in on the min-maxing will enjoy this new feature. Indeed, this statistics building will enable players to get more information about their production chains and their output available.
Anno 1800 and the Season Pass are available digitally on the Ubisoft Store and the Epic Games store for Windows PC. The Season pass can be purchased at the price of 25euros. Players who pre-ordered Anno 1800 will receive the Imperial Pack containing extra content for the game. Digital Deluxe and Pioneers Editions owners will have access to exclusive content including the Anarchist character**.
For more than a year and a half, Anno 1800 has invited players to take part in the creation and the development of the game by giving feedback through the Anno Union. So far, more than 160 blogs have been published, 15,000 comments posted and 5 community contests organized. This collaboration between players and the studio enables the development team to shape the game and add requested community features.
For more information about Anno, please visit:
To join Anno Union, please visit:
*For more information about the Season Pass you can look at the article from Anno Union: https://www.anno-union.com/en/
**Final content and release dates subject to change. Some features may not be available at launch. Content may be available for purchase and/or as giveaway(s) separately at Ubisoft’s sole discretion at any time.
About Ubisoft Blue Byte:
Celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2018, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin Blue Byte develops high-class strategy games such as “The Settlers” and “Anno” which are played by millions of gamers around the globe. The studios are also successfully co-developing big Ubisoft brands, such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2 on which the teams work in close collaboration with leading Ubisoft studios. Blue Byte’s international team of 450+ developers is dedicated to create memorable and inspiring gaming experiences while using and supporting the latest technologies and platforms. Ubisoft Berlin, which opened in early 2018, is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network. Learn more about Ubisoft Blue Byte at .
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2017–18 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,732 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoft.com.
© 2019 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.