SEATTLE, WA – JUNE 17, 2019 – Studio Wildcard revealed that it will release a new expansion map for ARK: Survival Evolved – ‘Valguero’ tomorrow, June 18 on Steam. This free downloadable update for ARK adds a vast, diverse map with exotic biomes to explore and call home. Behold the gorgeous 63 square kilometer map offering breathtaking landscapes from the scenic mountain tops, lush rolling valleys, and dark cavernous gorges… Just don’t get lost in all the beauty as new encounters await including titanic boss arena battles, mysterious ruins, unexplored cave networks, and the new, ferociously quick and agile dinosaur, Deinonychus!
The Valguero Expansion Map will come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms in July 2019.
The ARK: Valguero Expansion Map includes:
- Expanded Exploration: Over 63 square kilometers of new land and sea to explore!
- Peaks and Valleys: Eight Biomes with a vast array of climates and dangers – tread lightly through the hazards of Skeleton Gorge, see the vistas on top of the Twin Peaks or find remnants of the past at the Lost Temple.
- Triple Threat Boss Challenges: A boss arena where players face an epic battle against a Megapithecus, Manticore and Dragon in this heavy-hitting, triple threat encounter! Face familiar dangers in the End-Game Boss encounter in an entirely different way!
- New Dinosaur – Deinonychus: Encounter the ill-natured Deinonychus! Similar to the raptor, it uses speed and agility to leap wall ledge to wall ledge as it seeks high vantage points to lie in wait for prey. This contentious beast is fearless and will hunt prey much larger than itself, latching onto a larger dinosaur’s back with its sickle-shaped claws as it starts to feed before its victim is even dead.
- Into The Trenches: A large network of caves to spelunk as you delve into unexplored territory featuring different themes and varied perks, including the extensive Aberration Trench.
- Secrets From the Ancient Age: Explore scattered ruins throughout the world of forgotten Valguero survivors.
ARK: Survival Evolved leads the survival genre with a unique blend of emergent multiplayer cooperation and competition. Players awake stranded and starving on the beach of a mysterious island among a herd of other confused humans. On ARK, they must then hunt, harvest, craft, research technology, and build shelters to protect against scorching days, freezing nights, volatile weather systems, dangerous wildlife, and potential enemies. Tame, train, ride and breed one of 100 amazing dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts, including gargantuan creatures on a scale never before seen in video games! Fly a Pteranodon squadron over the snow-capped mountains, race through the deep jungle with your pack of trained Raptors, tromp through a fortified enemy base along a convoy of gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex.
The ARK: Survival Evolved Valguero Expansion Map will be a free downloadable update available on June 18 on Steam and be available to download on console versions of ARK this July. For the latest updates follow us on Twitter, like us onFacebook, subscribe to us on YouTube, visit the Website at playark.com and watch us tame and train leviathan dinosaurs on Twitch.TV.
ABOUT STUDIO WILDCARD
Studio Wildcard was co-founded in 2014 by industry veteran Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions that are designed for core gamers. With combined 25 years of industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Jeremy and Jesse have teamed up with other veteran developers for Seattle, WA-based and Gainesville, FL-based development studios that also include distributed team members across multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends to seek out and work with them!