SAN FRANCISCO — July 23, 2019 — Today, Ubisoft announced the launch of Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions for Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2. Players with the Year 1 Pass can access the narrative content of Episode 1 now, while all other players will have access on July 30. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is available on the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will also launch on the new generation gaming platform, Stadia. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will also be available on Uplay+, Ubisoft’s subscription service. More details on Uplay+ can be found on**.
The “Heatwave” Apparel Event is now live, offering players the chance to collect 40 new summer-themed items through the Heatwave apparel cache. Agents can earn keys to open the Heatwave apparel cache through gameplay or direct purchase.
In addition to the release of Episode 1, the second of four apparel bundles is available today and redeemable through Twitch Prime. Agents can check out and redeem the new Red Panda Sports Team Fan apparel directly on.
Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions takes players to the surrounding areas of Washington D.C. in two new main missions and a new game experience where players will investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
Content featured in Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions includes:
- Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Manning National Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw and stop the Outcasts before they make their next move.
- New Experience: Expeditions
- In this new experience, players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
- New Weapons and Gear: Players can obtain:
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Classified Assignments: Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
Alongside content, Episode 1 also brings game updates based on player feedback:
- New Discovery Difficulty setting for the “
- The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, allows more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal Difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Crafting Improvements
- Players can craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters (available after reaching World Tier 1). Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
- Weapons balancing and skills buff
- As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, awaited balance and buffs have been added in the latest title update (Title Update 5). This update includes an overhaul of Skills, as each Skill power will be fine-tuned, adding more to agents’ builds.
The Year 1 Pass gives players even more content to The Division 2. Click here for. You can also for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 to get early access to Episode 1 content.
Led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with seven other studios around the world*, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is the next evolution in the open-world online shooter RPG genre that the first game helped establish. Set seven months after a deadly virus was released in New York City, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 brings players into a fractured and collapsing Washington D.C. The world is on the brink, its people living through the biggest crisis ever faced in human history. As veteran Division agents, players are the last hope against the complete fall of society as enemy factions vie for control of the city. If Washington D.C. is lost, the entire nation falls. Building upon more than two years of listening to and learnings from The Division community, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will offer a substantial campaign that organically flows into a robust endgame, to create a cohesive and meaningful experience for all types of players, helping players emphasize their freedom to make strategic choices and hone their own approach.
For more information on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, please visit: tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.
*Associate studios are Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Leamington, Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Sofia.
**Terms and conditions apply, including platform, age and territorial restrictions.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €2,029 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com/.