NASA has awarded the NASA-wide Specialized Engineering, Evaluation and Test Services (NSEETS) contract to the Aerospace Corporation in El Segundo, California, to provide on- and off-site project management, independent multidisciplinary engineering services, testing, consulting, contractor on-site monitoring, and evaluation of project and/or programs, inclusive of safety and mission assurance.
NSEETS is a cost-plus-fixed-fee, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract and has a total potential value of $621 million. The five-year base period begins Oct. 1 and is followed by a four-year option.
The Aerospace Corporation, will provide support and/or staffing for focused science and technology studies, advanced systems architecture, systems engineering and independent reviews.
This procurement will support all NASA requirements in the following areas:
- Management studies: gathering information and analyzing options for possible management systems; gathering information and analyzing the structure and performance of actual management systems in NASA programs and in similar endeavors; assembling and maintaining an inventory of the content and status of NASA programs.
- Scientific studies: gathering information and analyzing systems for handling and analyzing samples of extraterrestrial materials; defining payloads to meet scientific goals; investigating potential science objectives for small, low-cost missions; investigating the applicability of science concepts to particular missions.
- Technical studies: analyzing the feasibility of instrument, spacecraft and mission design; investigating mission options and associated performance expectations; analyzing system designs; analyzing technologies needed to accomplish specific goals; analyzing propulsion and mission operations capabilities; analyzing data handling and analysis systems.
Additionally, the contractor facilities will provide state-of-the-art laboratories for testing and evaluation of NASA engineering prototypes and space flight hardware.
Additional requirements include:
- Pre-formulation and formulation services: candidate, preliminary analysis, science, systems definition and technology studies
- Implementation phase services
- Engineering standards and process support
- Mission systems engineering and operations support
- Research and technology services
- Joint confidence level development and cost analysis services
- Architecture analysis services
- NASA transition team services
- Industrial base analysis
- Technology assessments, insertion, and partnerships
- Support special project reports
- Support specifications and standards
- Safety and mission assurance programmatic support
- Training and preparing a skilled NASA workforce
For information about NASA and agency programs, visit: