SANTA MONICA, CA – October 29, 2019 – Starting today, fans of Game Show Network’s popular knowledge-based game show COMMON KNOWLEDGE will be able to test their knowledge with the COMMON KNOWLEDGE SKILL FOR ALEXA. Like the TV show, the skill features those practical, everyday questions that everyone should know, such as: what should you do when you have a fever? Or, how can you tell if a watermelon is ripe?
“We are consistently looking for ways to engage with our viewers and this Alexa skill is a new way for them to interact with our brand,” said Fran Shea, executive vice president, programming and marketing for Game Show Network. “COMMON KNOWLEDGE has a great gameplay that can test players’ knowledge and the skill can be played alone or with friends and family anytime.”
“We’re thrilled Game Show Network is bringing the excitement of COMMON KNOWLEDGE to Alexa customers,” said Joe Balzarini, Director, Alexa Skills. “This engaging skill is a great example of how voice can enhance gameplay and provide users with a natural way to respond to questions, just like if they were on the show themselves.”
With the COMMON KNOWLEDGE SKILL FOR ALEXA, players will be able learn something new while playing along with the following fun, engaging features:
- Host Joey Fatone will introduce and guide the player through the game.
- The First Round will feature five “common knowledge” questions in five different categories.
- Between each question, players will be able to pick their category ranging from first aid, history and sports to etiquette, animals and household hacks and more.
- Players will make it to the Bonus Round if they get four of the five questions correct.
- The Bonus Round will feature three “common knowledge” questions.
- Players need to get all three questions correct to win the game.
- Players can purchase hints, skips or saves
for credits ranging from $0.99 to $1.99, allowing them game perks like making it to the bonus round.
To play the COMMON KNOWLEDGE SKILL FOR ALEXA, all users need is an Alexa-enabled device, then say “Alexa, let’s play COMMON KNOWLEDGE!”
Please feel free to download and/or embed the video above.
If you’re having trouble, you can go to the Amazon Alexa Common Knowledge Skill Page and ENABLE the skill
COMMON KNOWLEDGE, hosted by Joey Fatone (*NSYNC, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”), launched on the Game Show Network in January 2019 to become the most-watched show among total viewers*. In the half-hour series, seen every Monday through Friday at 5:30 PM ET, two teams of three (friends/co-workers/relatives) compete to answer multiple-choice questions in three rounds of play with the winning team going on to the bonus round to play for $10,000. COMMON KNOWLEDGE is produced by Game Show Enterprises, LLC for Game Show Network with Rich Sirop serving as executive producer. Tim Puntillo also serves as executive producer