January 28, 2020 — Headup and Devespresso Games are pleased to announce the full release of The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters, an atmospheric, story-driven Korean survival horror game on Steam and GOG today for €14.99 / $14.99 / £11.99. The game is available on PC, Mac, and Linux.
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters continues the dark and sinister adventure from The Coma: Recut with players journeying beyond the deserted Sehwa High School and into the surrounding district. Featuring vibrant, hand-illustrated visuals by Minho Kim combined with a nightmare-fuelled story of a relentless slasher by T. L. Riven, The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters precariously balances the urgency of exploration with the need for survival. Set in a distinctly Korean environment, The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters explores universal themes of friendship, bullying and the pressure to achieve academically.
Since its Early Access launch in November 2019, The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters received rave user reviews with 97% of the Steam players posting positive reviews and gaining ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ status in the last 30 days.
The game’s save data will be reset at release, allowing for new surprises that include:
- An all-new ending & theme song
- New lines of dialogue with newly voiced characters
- Secret rooms waiting to be discovered
- Bonus main screen wallpapers
- New “kill screens”
- Trading cards
- 10 additional Achievements
New players will not require familiarity with the story from The Coma: Recut. The sequel follows the journey of a new protagonist, Mina Park, and her first experience in the Shadow Realm. Those who are familiar with the story will be rewarded for their knowledge of the lore, some references and cameo appearances from returning characters.
An art book, soundtrack, and two skins will be introduced at release which will be available to purchase separately or as part of the bundle:
- The Full Game: €14.99 / $14.99 / £11.99
- Soundtrack: €3.99 / $3.99 / £3.19
- Art book: €3.99 / $3.99 / £3.19
- 2 Character Skins (price per skin): €1.99 / $1.99 / £1.69
- Deluxe Bundle (Game + Soundtrack + Art Book + 2 Skins): €22.99 / $22.99 / £18.49
Two Skins are available at release and will be included in the Deluxe Bundle:
- Locks of Love – Featuring an avatar and portraits with a new hairstyle
- Winter Princess – Featuring the Sehwa winter school uniform
Additional skins are planned for post-release including ‘School Bully’, ‘Summer Child’, ‘Model Student’, ‘Local Celeb’, ‘Beach Bum’, and ‘Gamer Girl’.
As announced in November, Early Access buyers will receive a free art book and an eerie Original Soundtrack at release.
The Coma 2: Vicious Sistersis a finalist for the “Excellence in Narrative” at Busan Indie Connect 2019, and a finalist at the upcoming Taipei Game Show Indie Award for the “Best Narrative” and “Best Audio”.
About The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters
Mina Park, a student of Sehwa High, awakens in the dead of night in her school. She soon realizes that something is amiss. The once-familiar school where she spends her evenings studying looks twisted and changed. She finds herself pursued by someone or something that looks eerily like her English teacher. To survive, Mina must venture beyond the boundaries of her school and into the surrounding district. There, she will encounter strange creatures, mysterious strangers, and uneasy allies.
- Fear Dark Song’s relentless pursuit to kill you, now with an all-new AI.
- Craft items to prepare for critical life-or-death situations or risk permanent injury.
- Explore the nightmarish district of Sehwa and discover its dark secrets.
- Scavenge resources to survive deadly encounters and afflictions.
- Unlock tools and upgrades to reach previously inaccessible areas.
- Hide to avoid detection and certain death. Pass challenges to conceal your location.
- Featuring vibrant, hand-illustrated in-game visuals and comic strips.
Headup is a hybrid games publishing and development company providing players worldwide with the best content in the independent gaming sector. Established in 2009, it is active on all major platforms such as consoles, mobile devices, and PC, and was awarded as “Best Publisher” at the German Developers Awards in 2012, 2013, 2017 and 2019. With over 80 million customers served on mobile and further several million players on the PC and consoles, Headup is always looking to raise awareness and commercial success for developers thinking outside the box. More information can be found at headupgames.com and twitter.com/headupgames.
About Devespresso Games
Devespresso Games is an independent, four-man team based out of Seoul, South Korea and San Francisco, USA. The team focuses on crafting interactive stories, immersive worlds, and memorable characters through the medium of games. The guys followed up on the success of their console debut and cult hit, The Coma: Recut, with the fantasy, roguelike adventure game – Vambrace: Cold Soul. More at www.devespressogames.com.