Luxury, technology and design combine to create a prestigious statement inside and out
- Significant exterior and interior design enhancements make Cadenza a premium sedan experience like no other
- Smart technology, improved ergonomics and greater feature content highlight changes to the 2020 model year
CHICAGO, February 6, 2020 — The refreshed 2020 Kia Cadenza premium sedan made its debut today at the Chicago Auto Show. Brimming with new design elements, technology and available convenience features, the 2020 Cadenza remains true to its mission of offering luxurious interior surroundings combined with a quiet and composed ride. Significant interior enhancements for 2020 improve ergonomics and a number of newly standard Kia Drive Wise1 driver-assist technologies make time behind the wheel of the Cadenza more pleasant than ever.
“The Cadenza continues to introduce new and luxury-minded customers to the Kia brand,” said Michael Cole, president, Kia Motors America (KMA). “We recognize there are many customers who don’t want or need an SUV, but still desire a vehicle with plentiful interior room and a large trunk. The Cadenza is the perfect choice for these people and the refreshed 2020 model is well-suited to their needs.”
When it goes on sale later this year, the 2020 Cadenza will be available in two trims: Technology and Limited, while last year’s Premium trim has been eliminated. Pricing will be announced closer to the vehicle’s on-sale date.
- Redesigned hood and grille with deeper vertical waterfall fascia
- Standard multi-lens LED headlights with redesigned LED DRL lamps
- New lower front fascia with integrated turn signals
- Redesigned rear bumper and trunk lid
- New LED combination rear taillights
- Redesigned 18-inch (standard) and 19-inch wheels (available)
While the exterior design is the first thing many will notice, it’s on the inside that the 2020 Cadenza sees the most change. Interior design changes include:
- Completely redesigned dash and instrument cluster with relocated audio controls above the climate switchgear
- Standard 4.2-inch TFT color screen in the instrument panel
- New 12.3-inch touchscreen with multi-device Bluetooth®2 connectivity is standard
- New available multi-color ambient LED mood lighting (Limited only)
- Two new nappa leather-trimmed seating colors: Saddle Brown and Gray, with Limited models offering quilted seat bolsters
- Three additional USB charging ports (one in the front passenger area, two in the rear seat)
- Enhanced 10-watt wireless fast-charging phone charger
- New standard Smart Key with remote Engine Start
For 2020, Drive Wise, Kia’s advanced suite of driver-assisted technology, sees a number of significant enhancements to the Cadenza. New standard features include:
- New standard “Sensor Fusion” combines Forward Collision Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with pedestrian/cyclist detection, Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go and High Beam Assist3
- Lane Following Assist follows visible lane markings or a preceding vehicle and provides steering inputs to maintain the vehicle’s position in the lane3
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist – Rear with Lane Change Assist3
- Highway Driving Assist uses federal highway speed limit information to automatically adjust vehicle speed to be within the posted speed limit3
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control – Curve uses navigation data to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively before upcoming curves3
- Safe Exit Assist alerts the driver or passenger opening their door to not exit the vehicle when approaching traffic is detected4
Powered by the same smooth 3.3-liter V6 from last year, the all-aluminum engine delivers 290 horsepower to the front wheels through an 8-speed electronically controlled Sportmatic transmission. NVH improvements for 2020 include reinforced rear sub-frame cross members and resonator wheels (19-inch only) that help to reduce road noise entering the cabin. Redesigned shock valves reduce vibration and larger rear dampers improve rebound over rough surfaces.
About Kia Motors America
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia Motors America has been the highest ranked mass market brand in initial quality for five consecutive years according to J.D. Power**, and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands by Interbrand. Kia serves as the “Official Automotive Partner” of the NBA and offers a complete range of vehicles sold through a network of nearly 800 dealers in the U.S., including cars and SUVs proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia.*
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.
*The Telluride, Sorento and Optima (excluding Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.
** Kia received the lowest rate of reported problems among mass market brands in the J.D. Power 2015-19 U.S. Initial Quality Studies of new vehicle owners’ experiences with their own vehicle after 90 days of ownership. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more details.
1 These features are not substitutes for safe driving, and may not detect all objects surrounding vehicle. Always drive safely and use caution.
2 The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG Inc., and any use of such marks by Kia is pursuant to license. A Bluetooth® enabled device is required to use Bluetooth® wireless technology.
3 Distracted driving can result in a loss of vehicle control. When operating a vehicle, never use a vehicle system that takes your focus away from safe vehicle operation.
4 Safe Exit Assist is not a substitute for one’s attention and may not detect all objects surrounding the vehicle. Always pay attention to traffic and to the area around your vehicle when exiting the vehicle.