SAN MATEO, Calif., March 24, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — ECOVACS today unveiled the market’s most advanced AI-driven floor cleaning robot, solving for efficient home vacuuming, mopping and even home monitoring. The DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI features simultaneous vacuuming and mopping with advanced laser-based home mapping, object identification and avoidance, and remote monitoring that brings peace of mind to homeowners. It is available for purchase today on ecovacs.com for $799.99, rolling out to select retail partners soon.
DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI is equipped with TrueMapping™ laser mapping and navigation technology, based on advanced DToF sensor and AIVI™ (Artificial Intelligence and Visual Interpretation) technology featuring a high-performance AI chipset and camera module. This translates to a smart, thorough cleaning process. With these advanced and upgraded technologies, the T8 AIVI is capable of mapping any home much faster and with greater precision than current LDS navigation technology, with the ability to detect and recognize common household objects including shoes, socks, chairs and cables. In addition, it reduces the risk of getting stuck by 60% compared to earlier models.
This cleaning powerhouse offers simultaneous vacuum-plus-mop functionality, removing up to 99.26% of bacteria1. With advanced carpet detection, the DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI automatically avoids carpets when mopping -– something no other robot mop does today. Its 240ml water tank enables over 100 minutes of mop time, covering more than 2,000 square feet of flooring. The DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI also features a 5200mAh Lithium Ion battery with 3+ hours of runtime, enabling over 3,000 square feet of coverage in standard suction mode.
Additionally, ECOVACS is also bringing home monitoring with the DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI with a live video stream, available on demand through the ECOVACS Home app. This enables owners to check in on their pets, check for open doors, or items left on like a plugged-in iron.
- 2-in-1 Vacuuming and Mopping: The DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI can simultaneously vacuum and mop to remove up to 99.26% of bacteria on floors1.
- Carpet Boost and Suction: This advanced Robotic Vacuum Cleaner (RVC) utilizes 3 levels of suction power to tackle any mess put in front of it, automatically increasing suction power by 2X when transitioning from a hard floor surface to carpet.
Advanced Navigation + Mapping
- TrueMapping™: T8 AIVI efficiently navigates and maps your home on your ECOVACS Home app using the most advanced laser and DToF sensor technology. With this advancement, detection distance is increased by 2X, and detection accuracy of small objects is increased by 4X over previous models. The interactive map gives users the ability to choose how and where they want to clean and monitor. Utilize unlimited virtual boundaries, area mode and custom mode to clean specific areas/rooms or to avoid others.
- Virtual Boundary™ Advisor: This advanced feature identifies areas in the home environment that can cause the robot to be frequently stuck. It can proactively advise on setting up virtual boundaries to avoid those areas in the future.
- Missed Area Notification: With objects on the floor, robots can sometimes miss areas during cleaning. After each cleaning, AIVI will send a notification to the user with details of which areas were missed during the last cleaning cycle and invites the user to remove identified obstacles. Once the obstacles are removed, the user can send the robot back to clean only those areas missed in one tap.
ECOVACS is singularly focused on making daily lives easier and more efficient with intelligent and connected home service robotics. With a deep, 22-year history in smart home development and 100% ownership of its R&D and manufacturing, the company leads the market in patents and innovative product development in home service robotics. ECOVACS first premiered in the U.S. with its DEEBOT robotic vacuum cleaners, today a top 3 market leader, along with its WINBOT robotic window cleaner. For more information, please visit: http://www.ecovacs.com.