INDIANAPOLIS, March 3, 2020 /PRNewswire/ —
- Snow Plow Prep package, available on 2021 Ram 1500, includes 220-amp alternator, wiring for snow plow and rear power-sliding window with defroster
- Optional Snow Plow Prep package for Ram 1500 priced at $195
- Available on Ram 1500 Tradesman, Big Horn and Laramie 4×4 models equipped with 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8, 5.7-liter HEMI eTorque V-8 or 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine
Ram Truck today introduced a new Snow Plow Prep package for the 2021 Ram 1500 at National Truck Equipment Association’s (NTEA) “The Work Truck Show®” in Indianapolis, Indiana.
“As part of Ram’s commitment to continuous improvement within the segment, we now offer a Snow Plow Prep package for Ram 1500 customers,” said Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. “Ram has taken a larger presence in the commercial vehicle market and this offering is the latest expansion of our hardworking trucks.”
The new Ram 1500 Snow Plow Prep option is available for $195 and includes a 220-amp alternator, truck-side plow wiring harness and a rear power-sliding window with defroster. The active air dam is removed when this option is selected to make way for plow mounts. This new package is available on 2021 Ram 1500 Tradesman, Big Horn and Laramie 4×4 models that are equipped with the 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8, 5.7-liter HEMI eTorque V-8 or 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine.
The plow, mounts and controller are all sold separately and are available through several manufacturers. The Ram 1500 Snow Plow Prep package will be available later this year.
The Ram 1500 is the no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency and convenience with features never-before offered in a pickup. The Ram 1500 features up to 12,750 pounds of towing capability and 2,300 pounds of payload. The eTorque mild hybrid system delivers improved fuel efficiency in both V-6 (standard) and V-8 configurations. The Ram 1500 is America’s most powerful half-ton diesel pickup with 480 lb.-ft. of torque and most capable light-duty diesel, with towing capability up to 12,560 pounds.
Ram Commercial lineup
With growing sales, the Ram Truck brand continues to win new customers. The brand has emerged as a leader by investing in new products, infusing them with durable powertrains, robust chassis, new technology and features that further enhance their capabilities while delivering low total cost of ownership. Commercial truck and van customers have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to work. The Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups; 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs; and Ram ProMaster and ProMaster City vans are designed to deliver a total package.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab, ProMaster and ProMaster City, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 35,100 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most-awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by global automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. For more information regarding FCA (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA), please visit www.fcagroup.com.
Follow Ram and FCA news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: http://blog.ramtrucks.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/fcanorthamerica
For more information, please visit the FCA US LLC media site at http://media.fcanorthamerica.com.