Press Releases

The Weight Is Over: HeroWear, LLC Launches Exoskeleton Technology For All

NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 31, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — HeroWear LLC has launched their revolutionary exosuit today as part of the WeaRAcon 2020 virtual conference. Designed to fit both men and women, the Apex is a back-assist exoskeleton device that reduces strain on the lower back for benders, lifters and leaners.

Photographer: Lee Steffen
Photographer: Lee Steffen

Researched, developed, and tested at Vanderbilt University, HeroWear’s non-powered tech combines robust strength and ease of use. It’s also the first exo device on the market with a fit specifically designed and built for female users, who currently make up over half of the U.S. workforce.

“We believe that many hardworking people of the world could benefit from the power of exoskeleton or exosuit technologies,” says CEO and cofounder Mark Harris. “And we’ve found that a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t lead to the best outcomes. Work doesn’t only come in one size, and exos shouldn’t either. That’s why from day one we prioritized a female-specific fit.”

The suit itself, which weighs 3.4 pounds and is composed of lightweight materials, can take over fifty pounds of strain off the back every time an object is lifted. Using a proprietary on/off clutch mechanism, the HeroWear exosuit also provides maximum flexibility throughout the day, supporting a greater variety of motion than most competitors, and maximizing safety and strength when workers need it most.

“For exos to be truly helpful, they have to be easy to adopt by the average warehouse worker. The reality is, even for a person lifting 150 boxes an hour, they only spend 10% of their time lifting. The other 90% of their time they are doing other things, often walking or riding a forklift.  That’s why from day one we built the Apex to not interfere with their motion.,” says Harris. “With our textile-based device, you get assistance when you need it, and it gets out of the way when you don’t.”

With data saying approximately 80% of the population will experience back pain at some time in their lives, the HeroWear Apex suit and exoskeleton technology have the potential to be a major positive tech disruptor in the industrial workforce, with the promise of relieving some of the dramatic cost of lower back pain.

The HeroWear team specializes in exosuits because they believe they have the power to transform the lives of millions of men and women around the world who bend, lean and lift for a living. For more information on the new HeroWear exosuit and to inquire about purchasing, please visit https://herowearexo.com/.

Tags
Show More

Benjamin

I am the owner of Cerebral-overload.com and the Verizon Wireless Reviewer for Techburgh.com. Ben’s love of gadgets came from his lack of a Nintendo Game Boy when he was a child . Ben vowed from that day on to get his hands on as many tech products as possible. Ben’s approach to a review is to make it informative for the technofile while still making it understandable to everyone. Ben is a new voice in the tech industry and is looking to make a mark wherever he goes. When not reviewing products, Ben is also a 911 Telecommunicator just outside of Pittsburgh PA. Twitter: @gizmoboaks Hangouts: Beavercountyemt Skype: Ben.Oaks

Related Articles

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button
WP to LinkedIn Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Close
Close
%d bloggers like this: