Gamers with the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition can now experience pinpoint positional sound with THX Spatial Audio, and extreme comfort with cooling gel ear cushions for long gaming sessions.
The Razer Kraken with its signature Razer green headband has been a staple for gamers and esports professionals since 2012. This latest evolution is the complete competitive gaming solution for delivering full audio controls via a USB Audio Controller. The controller allows on-the-fly bass level adjustment, and a customized mix between game and team chat volume through Game/Chat Balance.
The headset has been designed with cooling gel-infused ear cushions, hidden eyewear channels, and an improved ultra-soft padded headband for complete comfort during long gaming sessions.
The Razer Kraken Tournament Edition is the world’s first gaming headset to support THX Spatial Audio – creating realistic depth and immersion by simulating 360° sound with pinpoint accuracy for greater awareness during gameplay. This technology combined with custom-tuned 50 mm drivers provide clarity, a punchy bass, and the promise of a remarkable competitive gaming edge. With its 3.5 mm combo audio jack, the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition is also cross-platform compatible, working with the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and mobile devices alike.
All told, the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition provides better sound customization, unrivalled positional audio and long-lasting comfort for$99.99 / €99,99.
For more information about the Razer Kraken Tournament Edition, please visit https://www.razer.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-tournament-edition
Availability: Razer Kraken Tournament Edition: September 2018
THX Spatial Audio
THX Spatial Audio is an end-to-end positional audio solution that delivers improved support on stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 content, and is future-ready with support for ambisonics and object-based audio. It offers communication-enhancing features and multiple sound processing modes, providing tactical in-game advantages and greater immersion across all gaming genres.
For more information about THX Spatial Audio, please visit
- Frequency response: 12 Hz – 28 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 109 dB
- Input power: 30 mW (Max)
- Drivers: 50 mm, with Neodymium magnets
- Inner ear cup diameter: 56 mm / 2.2 in.
- Connection type: Analog 3.5 mm
- Cable length: 1.3 m / 4.27 ft.
- Approx. weight: 322 g / 0.71 lbs.
- Oval ear cushions: Designed for full-ear coverage with cooling gel, perfect for long-wearing comfort
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 60 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -45 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional ECM boom
- Analog volume control wheel
- Microphone quick mute toggle
- Controls: Vol up/down, Bass up/down, THX Spatial On/Off*, Mic mute, Game/Chat balance
- Cable length: 2.0 m
- Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio jack
- Audio + microphone usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
- Audio Controller usage: PC with USB port