The way you store and carry your tools can vary depending on your role, whether as a professional or a hobbyist, the intended task, and the number of tools you need to handle at one time. For example, if you work in the transportation industry, you may make use of a rolling tool cart. If you’re a hobbyist working on cars in your garage, you may make use of a tool cabinet to keep all your tools organized and close to hand. However, if you’re a motorist driving an automobile and wishing to be prepared to make unexpected repairs, you need portable forms of storage such as red tool boxes.
Different Forms of Tool Storage
Here is a list of tool storage options, roughly from largest to smallest, and where they may be most useful:
- Workshop Trolley: A cabinet for long-term storage and organization of tools fitted with wheels to be rolled from one place to another. Useful in mechanics’ workshops, it may be too large to be practical in a home garage.
- Bucket Organizer: An organizer made of durable fabric with pockets and draped around a five-gallon bucket is an easy and inexpensive way to keep tools readily accessible. The downside is that your tools are exposed and there is no way to protect them from the elements or secure them against theft.
- Toolbelt: A toolbelt is a handy way to carry the tools you will need on a single job, providing easy access to your tools for working efficiently. However, they do not hold many tools at a time and are not well suited to long-term storage.
Advantages of Tool Boxes
While tool boxes are not perfect, they come in handy in a wide range of situations and incorporate many of the advantages of other storage options:
- Portability: Most tool boxes come with a handle so you can take them with you anywhere.
- Storage: Many tool boxes have the capacity to store a large number of tools efficiently.
- Organization and Ease of Access: Most tool boxes make it easy to organize your tools and keep them near to hand on any job.
- Security: Many tool boxes can be locked to protect tools from theft.
While your tool storage requirements depend on many different factors, red tool boxes are versatile enough to serve in almost any situation.