SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) JULY 09, 2020
Petpuls, the AI-powered dog collar that gives your dog a ‘voice,’ today announced a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to bring its smart dog collar to the US market. Petpuls utilizes a collar with built-in, AI-enabled voice recognition technology. The collar pairs via Wi-Fi with an accompanying iOS or Android app to detect and analyze a dog’s emotional state and also tracks its physical well-being — to help dog owners better understand and manage their dog’s entire life span. View a short video of Petpuls in action here.
How Petpuls Works.
Petpuls uses voice recognition technology to analyze and track a dog’s emotional well-being by day, week and month. Petpuls’ patent-pending, AI-enabled voice recognition technology uses a proprietary algorithm in combination with a database of more than 10,000 bark samples from 50 breeds of dogs in four different sizes to detect and determine a dog’s five emotional states — happy, anxious, angry, sad or relaxed — with an Emotional Recognition Accuracy Rate of more than 80%. (Source: Seoul National University R&D). Petpuls’s AI-driven database grows even more accurate over time as it records and accumulates the dog’s ‘voice’ data, helping the dog’s owner to better understand their dog’s emotions — and what triggers them — to better manage their furry friend’s full 10-15+ year life span. The collar also functions as an activity tracker, with a built-in accelerometer sensor that automatically calculates the number of calories a dog burns from exercise by the hour, day, week or month.
Petpuls Key Features and Specifications:
- Smart dog collar with an adjustable strap available in two sizes — small, 15.75” (40cm) or large, 31.5” (80cm) — to fit small and large breed dogs from Chihuahuas to Great Danes
- Eco-friendly, detachable, interchangeable silicone collar strap is bright safety orange by default. Additional collar straps are available for purchase in blue, green, hot pink and turquoise to allow for unique color combinations.
- Lightweight (approx. 1 oz / 25g) smart collar is water-resistant (IP65) and features a 3-color, backlit LED display optimized for outdoor use, power button, microphone, reset button and a USB charging portal
- Battery life: 8-10 hours on a single charge; nightly charging recommended
- Petpuls App supports up to five different dog profiles, enabling people who own multiple dogs and Petpuls smart collars to track them in a single app
- A “My Pet Registration” feature for dog owners to create a unique profile of their dog within the Petpuls Community — its name, breed, age, gender, weight and more
- A “Pet Favorites” feature allows dog owners to keep track of their dog’s food, toys and other dog friends who are also registered as part of the Petpuls Community
- Companion app compatible with iOS (version 11 or higher) and Android (version 4.1 or higher)
- Wi-Fi pairing in house – about 15 ft (5m): smart collar tethers to the owner’s smartphone outdoors and syncs with the paired app once they reconnect to Wi-Fi
- KC, ROHS and MSDS Certifications; FCC certification pending
The global pet care market is expected to be worth $42.6bn by 2022, with 40% of its expected growth forecast to come from the Americas region. The growing trend for pet humanization and changing consumer preferences have made pet owners increasingly conscious of their pets’ health — particularly in the US market where Gen X and Millennial dog owners define dog ownership. Dogs in the Western world are regarded as more than “just a pet” by their owners; they are part of the immediate family.
Petpuls is the life’s mission of its founder and CEO, Vincent Kim, who became a dog lover at an early age and is currently a dog parent to a Korean Jindo named Dori. “Petpuls was born from my desire to use AI and IoT technology to help dog lovers better understand their canine companions,” said Kim. “The AI-driven data accumulated by the Petpuls collar can create more meaningful relationships between dogs and the humans they regularly interact with: dog owners, walkers, caretakers and veterinarians. We envision the Petpuls platform as a large global community of dog lovers: a community that is safe, fun, playful and informative, where dog owners not only track their dog’s emotions and exercise, but also meet other dog aficionados, set up dog play dates, talk about the latest in dog food, fashion, healthcare and more.”
Petpuls is available now on Indiegogo at a special early bird price of $79.00 and will begin shipping to customers in late August 2020. Additional straps are available for purchase for $25 each. The smart collar will retail for $99 on Amazon once the Indiegogo campaign ends in late August. Access the Petpuls Press Kit here or learn more about Petpuls at https://www.petpuls.net/main.
Petpuls is the AI-powered dog collar that gives your dog a ‘voice.’ The Petpuls system utilizes a smart collar and an accompanying iOS or Android smartphone app to analyze your dog’s emotional state and its physical well-being — allowing you to better understand and manage your dog’s entire life span. Our patent-pending, AI-enabled voice recognition technology uses a proprietary algorithm combined with a database of more than 10K bark samples from 50 breeds of dogs in four different sizes to detect and determine the five different emotional states of your dog — happy, relaxed, anxious, angry or sad.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Seoul, with an additional office in San Francisco, Petpuls is a privately held company and a subsidiary of RWave, Inc. Follow us on social media on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn or learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org/main.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.